Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new to the this, but I've recently took on the project of refreshing my 315,000 mile, dependable Jeep.

·
Registered
175 Posts
welcome to the addiction
and the forum
I want at least 2 more and at most all the jeeps ...ok one of each will do fine ..and a place to put them

have fun with these lil rigs

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Welcome from CA

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The installation went somewhat smooth, when you get the last 20 years of oil off,lol. I had two gaskets for the oil pump, opted for the felpro. Also, I've saw write-ups suggesting rtv for the RMS, no! I went with the anaombic sealant, worth it, and soaked the gasket itself with new oil as long as you can. No leaks total success!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nice work! Looks familiar, i was just there too. Isn’t it fun pounding in the oil pump pickup tube?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pick-up tube.. Yeah we don't talk about it, lol. All jokes aside it was the most physically exerting thing about the job. Especially, when your a quarter of the way in, and you realize "hey, I shoulda lubed this thing a bit." That's what she said lmao

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got my front axle treated and painted with por15, ( which takes like 3 days to come off, or rub off rather) shocks on, track bar on. Which that was a real task. After I got a jack under the axle she began manipulating it, finally it cooperated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now back to the brakes.. which I have already replaced the hard lines, and rubber hoses all to the front. On to these calipers tomorrow

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The weather however is getting cold on me. It's just down to the rear shocks and shackle replacement and I will be satisfied for a bit.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good progress man, I know how much work it is cleaning up and prepping all that stuff, that was my whole summer! Lol
Did you did all that with he front axle still under the vehicle?!?

1 - 20 of 208 Posts