Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
Fear not, young grasshopper. For we have all been there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
With these poly motor mounts, do I need to lube them the same as what you would any other poly hat bushings?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well did the trans mount yesterday, not bad, motor mounts today or tomorrow. New ujoints and drive shaft installed. Transfer case serviced.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Holy s***, do not buy dayst*r motor mounts if you don't want to fabricate. I had read that they didn't cooperate, well that ain't no lie. I've skinned all the Hyde off my hands fighting with these scum. Should have spent 70 more dollars and bought the brown dog, oh well, maybe later

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Saw a awesome video about lca tips closer to you jack under the front pinion, further away ( my circumstance) jack as close to the tie rod, left my tires on, 1 hr. tops took me longer to break the bolts free

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Ok, some opinions please? I took a angle finder, took down some numbers, and need some opinions on axle shims to correct my ugly pinion angle. This is what I got. 5° at the slip yoke at trans case, my driveshaft is at 15*, and the differential pinion is at 12*. I have no SYE, so I'm trying to set it up on a reg slip yoke driveshaft. I have 1.5 drop shackles that has set the pinion pointing up. I guess it would be great if I did have a sye, however I do not. 6* is what I was thinking any opinions?

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
This will tell you what to measure

Driveline angle means nothing unless you have flexed past the ability of the Ujoints.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts