Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Agreed about shipping and such, but the prime price with the free shipping still came out being a bit more, I ordered 2 bearings, 4 ball joints, 1 rear brake line, 2 pairs of u joint straps, and a Dana 30 axle housing gasket and the shipping was only $20 for all of it, plus RA gave me a 15% discount so that almost killed the shipping. Now I have been hitting up amazon warehouse for Spicer u joints, cheap, great condition, no shipping cost. I ordered 2 lifetime axle, 3 greasable front axle or rear $43

·
Registered
949 Posts
Agreed about shipping and such, but the prime price with the free shipping still came out being a bit more, I ordered 2 bearings, 4 ball joints, 1 rear brake line, 2 pairs of u joint straps, and a Dana 30 axle housing gasket and the shipping was only $20 for all of it, plus RA gave me a 15% discount so that almost killed the shipping. Now I have been hitting up amazon warehouse for Spicer u joints, cheap, great condition, no shipping cost. I ordered 2 lifetime axle, 3 greasable front axle or rear $43
15% from RA? How did you pull that off? I only ever get the 5%.
That is another thing too. Certain parts, Spicer U-Joints for instance, I can get through my store.
Now I have never priced them out but my experience with other national brands we sell has been
that with my discount it usually makes it about the same price as Amazon and RA would be.
Before any RA discount though.
And warranty situations are never a problem just in case.
Current example would be that short Dorman hose I need to put in the factory tranny cooler.
About the same price from all three. Now with 15% from RA that would make it about $3 cheaper.
While I can see the pricing at work our computers are down so I can't check availability yet.
I might not be able to get one and if so just have to source it from somewhere else.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Well, epic fail. Axle ujoints in the 95, non-abs is indeed Spicer 5-760, not 5-260. I suppose that is the year of the change over. I was under the impression that 5760 only came on post 96, and pre 96 only with abs. Wonk wonk, my 95 is not abs, wtf. Oh well this will be the first thing I've had to send back. And what sucks, is none of my loser friends are cool like me and Jeep, lol. I would sell them, what sucky luck, but a great upgrade, thank God Ethel has the stronger 5760, so lose but win!

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
Could someone have upgraded the axles in the past? My 96 without abs came with the smaller ujoint. I upgrade to the abs axle when I broke my first ujoint. I have since upgraded to chromoly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Nope, factory mom Jeep. Although my Jeep was built in Canada (factory) it also had the coating on the frame and bottom, not a standard feature, or real option at the car lot here in the south. What I did was place the new ujoint cap against the old, and it's obvious that what's in there is bigger. I will post pics

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
A definite difference in caps. Chrysler was notorious for mid year changes. Such as the 27 vs 29 spline rear axle in 96. Mine wss built in May of 96 but only has the 27 spline axle but we have seen the 29 spline in 96. But could never pinpoint exactly when the change happened.
Maybe Canada was spec'd differently? I dunno. Nice stickers, 😎😎

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I know a Jeep Girl that would love to have that sticker

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
A definite difference in caps. Chrysler was notorious for mid year changes. Such as the 27 vs 29 spline rear axle in 96. Mine wss built in May of 96 but only has the 27 spline axle but we have seen the 29 spline in 96. But could never pinpoint exactly when the change happened.
Maybe Canada was spec'd differently? I dunno. Nice stickers, 😎😎
Well my 95 is a late year, June is the manufacturer date. So maybe I got some of the 96 stuff, thanks about the stickers:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Ok, agonizing over a ball joint kit. I'm looking at a 21 pc, but still wondering if I'll still have to buy the dodge Jeep adapter set, in that case cheap basic c clamp set, and the adapter set as a add on. Some of these say they fit Dana 30 axles, cheaper sets, but I don't think so. That's what led me to the 21 peice looks like it does have the Dana adapters included,.....input??

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
This is the ball joint press I have. OTC Ball Joint press. It's pricey but well worth it. I also picked up a cheaper set of adapters, Harbor Freight master ball joint adapter set. You can go cheap on the adapters, but buy quality on the ball joint press, It's like a big c-clamp. That will cover what you need for our Jeeps. Do you have a link to what your looking at?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
21Pieces Auto Repair Service Remover Ball Joint Service Tool Master Adapter Kit | eBay
Cheap as h***, but dang, with my tires, all these wheel hubs, ball joints, u joints,I'm literally broke. My family says I have a Jeep problem :( all that stuff just really started acting up after I put the big tires on. Can't complain it's never been changed. But my girl (the Jeep) has been a concrete tramp,this lift and all has challenged our relationship. It's going to make me go thru it all before it's over.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I just have the OTC kit. It has been good for the D30 and 44

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Well I guess I need to pick up that painting job, make some paper, to buy this kit I guess

101 - 120 of 156 Posts