Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is all cleaned up, painted, and filled with fresh gear lube. I also pressed out the swaybar link bolts so I can mount up the TeraFlex disco's, and drilled and tapped the spring perches for my hocky puck bumpstops. As soon as I know it is ok I'll swap out the stock cover with the Riddler cover that I have on the LP axle now.

A friend has a tranmission shop with a lift, and a jack so I can lower the old axle out, and raise the new on up to bolt it up. THAT should make the swap go fairly easy.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
thats one clean looking axle, wont stay that way for long

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was pretty clean when I pulled it out of the '96 at the pick a part. All I did was wire brush any crud off, wiped it with some acetone and a rag, and rattle canned it.

One thing I have noticed is that the yokes on the axle shafts appear to be beefier than the one's in my LP axle. Can't figure that one out.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
my front axle has the LCA mounting stuff bended, but it has not affected the ride, or alignment ability

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were 2 "99's at the same place I got the '96 axle out of. Both appeared to be low mile XJ's, but both had the LCA mounting tabs bent all to hell. They would have had to be cut off and new one's made up. What a shame!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
mine was bended when they took the XJ off the boat, bc the Original Owner was from FL and he sold it to his BF the guy that sold it to me,, and well, that happens

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
that hp looks sweet...and so do those black wheels. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
haha yeah they do, but did you notice they are a an atv?
What the......i had to look twice. That's funny that I missed that. Bling wheels on an atv.....i don't know what to say about that. :rofl:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah even my quad needed a little bling! They are Douglas "Spyder" rims. Much nicer than the ugly silver steel rims that came on it.

Boys and their toys...you know. My wife's favorite phrase!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts