Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know I will get some **** for this but here goes. I bought me a relatively prebuilt Jeep. When I bought it it had 8 inches of lift, an 8.8 swap done, a nice front bumper with an led light bar. ImageUploadedByAG Free1431639703.605124.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1431639731.075588.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
6,414 Posts
Blocks are the worst. Got a list of the rest of the goodies underneath?

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blocks are the worst. Got a list of the rest of the goodies underneath?

The lift is a Skyjacker 6 inch rock ready kit, it has 4.56 gears, and was told it has lockers but I don't believe that. It's a 2001 but the Dana 30LP has been swapped for a HP model. And it has an NP231 transfer case with a slip yoke eliminator. The fenders are cut and rolled. It has a badass Kenwood stereo in it also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts

Attachments

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
Nice looking XJ but 8" is huge! you'll be happy that you are getting it down to a managable 6".

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have done some more research on the old sky jacker rock ready kits. It looks like the bolt on axle truss bracket that relocates the upper control arms only comes on the 8 inch kit. So I may have an 8 inch lift and not 6 like I thought. That mean this thing was lifted 10 inches! It sounds like I can ditch this truss and put some standard upper arms and a normal axle brace. My truss is cracked in a few places. I might take it off and reeled it and brace it s bit.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to the tracking my steering kit will be here tomorrow. I am going to replace the passenger side hub assembly while I am at it. Pics to come!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I finally got the drivers side tie rod off after an hour of beating on it. I got all the parts installed I just have adjust everything. Only took an hour to get it bolted on. And that's with me getting it all done then noticing one of the inserts fell out of the spindle so I had to take the passenger side back apart.
The wife wanted to go shopping so I will finish later and drive it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 240 Posts