Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
not to sound...ignorant....but what is it? like a jeep rally? :confused:

It's an annual offroad event organized by the North Atlantic Chapter of NAXJA. Will be held at Rausch Creek Offroad Park. You select a level of difficulty you'd like to run and join in on an appropriate group. Always a good time.

I'll be there.

·
Registered
557 Posts
June 11-14th.

Follow the link Quinn posted above for NAC-Fest specific info. You can also go to the NAC board for the chapter stuff. We have alot of guys in your area.

Look fwd to meeting ya.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it turns out i won't be going this weekend after all ha. I found out that there is no camping saturday night so we changed our dates. Hope those that are going have a good time!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll be there again, was there last year for the first time & had a great time. I trailered the XJ with my Durango & a 16' trailer from South Jersey all by my girly lonesome. Talk about nervous ... but all went well. Well worth the trip. All Cherokees/MJ's all day long. What a buffet!

By the way, the local Comfort Inn offers special rates for anyone going to Rausch Creek ... just mention that when you make the reservation. All year!

·
Registered
557 Posts
So it turns out i won't be going this weekend after all ha. I found out that there is no camping saturday night so we changed our dates. Hope those that are going have a good time!
Theres no camping at RC that weekend because it's also the same weekend as the RCrocs competition. Camping at RC is very tough anyway, eventually they will get better in that regard.

However, NAXJA has reserved a group camp here. At only $10 per night.

Twin Grove Park Campground Pine Grove, PA

Theres showers, rental cabins, and an RV area as well. Join the party!

We will also be having our raffle and BBQ at the campground.

There are a few threads in the North Atlantic Chapter board and the NAC-Fest 09 event board at NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association - Powered by vBulletin if you'd like to follow along or participate in discussion.

Alot of the participants will opt to have a short trail day on saturday then head on over to the comp area to watch the event. Heres your chance to watch the comp and attend the event.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Yea, the Comfort Inn at exit 100 on I-81 (about 7 miles south of Rausch Creek) offers a discounted rate if you tell them you're wheeling at Rausch. Get your reservations in early though, they will book up that weekend. Speaking of which... better get mine made.

Come out and watch the comp, it's supposed to be alot of fun. Hopefully I'll be competing...

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Yea, we'll see though. In that class that I'd fall into I could only have 1 locker, by June I may very well be locked F/R (Lockright/Powertrax) so I wouldn't qualify for that class, and there's not a shot it'd be worth my time running in the next class up. If I had an ARB then it wouldn't be an issue because I would keep it disengaged, but $$$ doesn't allow :(

I don't want to hold off putting the locker in the front (already locked in the rear) all season just for 3 comps. I could pull the locker and reinstall spiders before each comp, just have to take the time factor into account if I'd be doing that. I just want to get out there and have a good time, there's really good competition out there so I'm not sure if I'd place anyway... just more of a "oh what the hell" type thing I guess.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Theres no camping at RC that weekend because it's also the same weekend as the RCrocs competition. Camping at RC is very tough anyway, eventually they will get better in that regard.
Yep, I knew that. I called up Bruce (at RC) and he gave me the scoop.

I went to RC last summer and there were a lot of camping spots available. Altough we did arrive Friday early afternoon before the crowd came saturday.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Question: I'm not a member of NAXJA, and at the moment am not planning on becoming one, but I will be there that weekend for RCROCS and to wheel on Sunday. If I wanted to jump in a group with some of you NAXJA guys would it be possible or is that type of thing not allowed?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Good question Dave, glad you asked.

To attend NAC-Fest you do NOT have to be a NAXJA member. You do NOT have to own an XJ, we routinely have other Jeep models at our events.

There is an event fee to attend the event for members and non, the price for members is $30 and non members is $35. Thats the ONLY difference you'll find between the two. You wont detect an attitude that your a non member, you wont be pressured to join NAXJA, you WILL receive the same ribbing (ballbustin) member or non... so you have been warned. :p

Included in the event fee is admittance to the event , one meal ticket for our dinner (typically saturday night) and a really cool dash plaque that you can show off to your friends.

Additional meal tickets are available for friends, spouse etc for $12 per.

Event T shirts are available.

We ask those who will be attending to register so we can get a good idea on the head count for dinner.

There will be a raffle after the dinner where vendors have donated their products and will be given away. You can opt to purchase tickets as many as you like. Usually 3 for $10 or $20 for an arms length or something to that effect.

Admittance to Rausch Creek Park is the same for everyone on a daily basis. If you have a membership at RC this DOES apply to our event.

Now, i need to check but i believe you also get a free ticket for the raffle thats included in your event fee above.

I'll check on RC's fees and a few other things and update this post later.

Any questions? I invite anyone who's interested to check out the threads at NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association - Powered by vBulletin in the NAC or NAC-Fest 09 boards for additional info. Theres a few threads on who's wheelin what level, what your overnight accomodations will be etc.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts