1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You cant body lift a Cherokee.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Even if you could, I still wouldn't run 3"s.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What everyone above is trying to say is:
The XJ platform is a unibody construction. Body and frame are one. No separating them.
Any lift involved will be suspension only.

Its a common mistake.

·
Registered
444 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BUT THIS GUY DID IT?????

My new cherokee will have body mounts :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
..........:rofl:
I never understand why people do this when someone asks about body lifts for an XJ, as if they were born with this little bit of trivia attached to their umbilical cord. We all have to start somewhere. Making fun of a noob's question is a sure way to push them away from the Forum & discourage them from ever coming back. If you don't have anything helpful to say, zip it. It's okay to sit there & snicker at your monitor ... in private.

And yes, I too asked the question several years ago when I first considered lifting my XJ - "which is better, body lift or suspension lift?". He replied and never once laughed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
when you buy a corvette, you know it has a V8, when you buy a mustang you know they suck, when you buy a xj, chances are you should know what you have.Because i found it humorus dont mean you have to, and joshwoods, a hard time never hurt anyone, its all good. I put chrome diff covers on my xj when i first bought it, cuz i didnt know any better. And i got laughed at alot!! and if you guys get offended by this ..........:rofl:. you need to stay in the house where the outside world cant hurt you.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
3 inch or larger. I live in GA.
Yeah Josh, the XJ has a unibody. No frame separate from the body, so basically the body and frame are the same thing. No frame no way to lift the body.

There is a video around showing a CJ/TJ etc... having it's body ripped off during a recovery. Body lift.

You can still do a suspension lift on the XJ!!!

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

Heres one

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
With all that fine engineering you would have thought he would have measured better to get those "tread" stickers on at the same angle and spacing! :rofl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when you buy a corvette, you know it has a V8, when you buy a mustang you know they suck, when you buy a xj, chances are you should know what you have.Because i found it humorus dont mean you have to, and joshwoods, a hard time never hurt anyone, its all good. I put chrome diff covers on my xj when i first bought it, cuz i didnt know any better. And i got laughed at alot!! and if you guys get offended by this ..........:rofl:. you need to stay in the house where the outside world cant hurt you.
you didn't hurt my feelings. im a big boy i can take it. You just make yourself look like an ***hole i don't care. if i had looked up under it i would have known but i assumed and this is what happens when you assume.

any way thanks to all the others and thanks for your patience. i am now looking for a SUSPENSION LIFT for my jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
you didn't hurt my feelings. im a big boy i can take it. You just make yourself look like an ***hole i don't care. if i had looked up under it i would have known but i assumed and this is what happens when you assume.

any way thanks to all the others and thanks for your patience. i am now looking for a SUSPENSION LIFT for my jeep.
I only have experience with the Rough Country 4.5" lift. I initially purchased the Add A Leaf kit (AAL) because it was cheaper. I knew then that I wanted replacement leaf springs, so I recently bought some directly from Rough Country.

The kit came with everything I needed to lift the XJ 4.5" I am very happy with it and if I was lifting again I would buy RC.

If you decide you want a RC (Rough Country) lift I recommend contacting Jason at Rough Country. Everyone there does great customer service, but I have dealt with Jason directly.

Many people have recommend the Rubicon Express. They say it flexes and rides well. I dunno.

Welcome to the group, and if you can post some pictures of your Jeep. We really like seeing them, especially before and after pictures. :thumbsup:

Before...

After...

Currently...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you MUDDEROY i was looking at RC and now that is more than likely what i will buy.
and i will post pics soon.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
thank you MUDDEROY i was looking at RC and now that is more than likely what i will buy.
and i will post pics soon.
I'm sure we'll have a few jump in here and tell you about other lifts. Give them a read before you buy anything.

I like RC, but like I said, I have zero experience with anything else.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
I have ran RC 4.5" on both of my XJ's and love it. Its cheaper, ride is ok, and can take a good beatin'. If you call Rough Country up, it will probably be cheaper then the website says as well if you are ready to order it.

remember as well, when you order the 4.5" kit, you will also need the Rough Country Adjustable Trac Bar as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts