Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I have been trying to find a mid 90's to '01 Cherokee for months now and cannot seem to find one for a reasonable price as well as reasonable mileage. I've looked at multiple websites like Cargurus or Cars.com as well as Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. And now I am asking for help from Jeep Forums like these. So if you guys have any recommendations on where to buy in the SoCal area or if you know anybody who is selling it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Iowa here. Cant help ya, we have rust.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What kind of price and mileage do you consider reasonable? And are you looking for something stock or built, daily driver or trail rig? Seems like you should have better luck finding stuff on the west coast than on the east coast/rust belt like some of us...
Seems prices for good condition unmolested XJs has been creeping up in the past year. I paid 4K for mine 7 years ago, great stock shape with 140k, and I would expect if I found it today it would go for 1 or 2 thousand more. Funny thing is I could probably only sell it for that much now too, after another 50,000 miles on it and $$$ in repairs and upgrades.
They are definitely becoming harder to find in good shape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of price and mileage do you consider reasonable? And are you looking for something stock or built, daily driver or trail rig? Seems like you should have better luck finding stuff on the west coast than on the east coast/rust belt like some of us...
Seems prices for good condition unmolested XJs has been creeping up in the past year. I paid 4K for mine 7 years ago, great stock shape with 140k, and I would expect if I found it today it would go for 1 or 2 thousand more. Funny thing is I could probably only sell it for that much now too, after another 50,000 miles on it and $$$ in repairs and upgrades.
They are definitely becoming harder to find in good shape.
My budget is about 6k and I would like it to be under about 150k miles. I could definitely agree they are harder to come by all the ones I have seen so far except about a handful I missed out on are 150k+ miles and about 6-7k. Or good condition but 8k+

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My budget is about 6k and I would like it to be under about 150k miles. I could definitely agree they are harder to come by all the ones I have seen so far except about a handful I missed out on are 150k+ miles and about 6-7k. Or good condition but 8k+
Sorry correction 200k miles

·
Super Moderator
10,073 Posts
150-200k is average miles for a used one. Don't let that scare you. Be patient. I think the rise in cost is because they aren't making any more and they are getting harder and harder to fine. Look in auto trader. Facebook usually has a bunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts