Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on BoiseCraigslist shopping for Cherokee parts and this is where i ended up: :confused:

91 Jeep wrangler great condition!

The trouble is, one minute i was looking at XJ parts, and somehow i just drifted over to Wrangler section. Didn't even notice. Next thing i knew, there i was! :eek:

This was a very sobering moment for me... for a brief second or two, i considered the thought of being "One of Those" Wrangler guys! Now, every time that i close my eyes, i see this YJ. Has this type of thing ever happened to any of you guys before and if so, how do i correct it? :dunno: :brickwall:

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
What's wrong with being a wrangler guy? If you like it, get it. It's still a jeep and that's all that matters. There shouldn't be any line drawn between cherokee and wrangler owners. It's a JEEP. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna buy a wrangler cuz I want a wrangler and I'm not into the "traitor" stuff that you apparently are labeled when you switch from a xj.

Get the wrangler and keep the xj. You'll experience the best of both worlds. :)

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
i would dd a yj and wheel the hell out of my xj

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think I've seen that one rolling around Boise before. Good looking rig, if you want it....get it! As long as you are behind the wheel of any Jeep, I'll wave at you!

·
Registered
410 Posts
What's wrong with being a wrangler guy? If you like it, get it. It's still a jeep and that's all that matters. There shouldn't be any line drawn between cherokee and wrangler owners. It's a JEEP. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna buy a wrangler cuz I want a wrangler and I'm not into the "traitor" stuff that you apparently are labeled when you switch from a xj.

Get the wrangler and keep the xj. You'll experience the best of both worlds. :)
Sellout!

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I completely agree with Mudd on this. It's totally about what you want, and what you want to wheel. I've had my fun with my XJ, I know what I want to be wheeling. If I could, I'd keep my XJ and built a YJ, but money and space don't allow for that. The XJ in the cooler months is awesome, nice and warm, plenty of space for extra gear etc. A YJ is great in the summer with no top, etc.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still kinda wanting it...

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
get it just dont get rid of the xj

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
get it man...that would be one sweet DD plus if you want you can use it to pull your XJ to trails,,,

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My introduction to offroading and Jeeps was courtesy of the US Army, namely, the M151-A1 "Mutt". Decent off road, but dangerous of if you don't watch what you're doing.

Then when I got back to my Nat. Guard unit, they had these old MB's left over from WWII. Those were replaced with M-38's and still later, the CJ based models and once again, M151-A1's (which were replaced with M151-A2 ... much safer vehicle).

And yes, I was looking at a YJ when Fadedglory (88 Cherokee Chief) showed up at a used car lot. Knowing the better half would be happier with a vehicle that could be locked and not opened with a utility knife (The YJ was a soft top model) kinda clinched the deal.

If you can afford it, need it and can use it, get it.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
My introduction to offroading and Jeeps was courtesy of the US Army, namely, the M151-A1 "Mutt". Decent off road, but dangerous of if you don't watch what you're doing.

Then when I got back to my Nat. Guard unit, they had these old MB's left over from WWII. Those were replaced with M-38's and still later, the CJ based models and once again, M151-A1's (which were replaced with M151-A2 ... much safer vehicle).

And yes, I was looking at a YJ when Fadedglory (88 Cherokee Chief) showed up at a used car lot. Knowing the better half would be happier with a vehicle that could be locked and not opened with a utility knife (The YJ was a soft top model) kinda clinched the deal.

If you can afford it, need it and can use it, get it.
Truth be told.....

One of the downsides to owning a wrangler with a soft top.......:brickwall:

by the way, my doors were UNLOCKED!!!! :brickwall:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Truth be told.....

by the way, my doors were UNLOCKED!!!! :brickwall:
I know the feeling ... 1976, IN

While sitting in my apartment, ratchet-jawing on my R.S. Mini-23 CB (connected to a power supply and a base antenna), I heard the sound of breaking glass in the street below my window. I peeked out and someone was breaking into my 65 Dart ... to steal my CB.

I had Robin Hood, the good buddy I was a modulatin' with, call the Local Yokels to my 20 and on the way, they stopped the perp for going the wrong way on a one-way street ... with a back seat full of CB's and Stereos.

The Dart wasn't even locked because, to put in mildly, I referred to it on the CB as my "Junky Junkyard Reject". It wasn't worth locking.

The perp? He got a warning and released. . . . . . . . . .

But I saw the car he was in, spread the word to the local CB club and, ya know, the darndest thing happpened, his base antennas at his home 20 'blew down" in a breeze that wouldn't have moved a feather . . . . . with notes stuck on them telling him to leave the county or else.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
I know the feeling ... 1976, IN

While sitting in my apartment, ratchet-jawing on my R.S. Mini-23 CB (connected to a power supply and a base antenna), I heard the sound of breaking glass in the street below my window. I peeked out and someone was breaking into my 65 Dart ... to steal my CB.

I had Robin Hood, the good buddy I was a modulatin' with, call the Local Yokels to my 20 and on the way, they stopped the perp for going the wrong way on a one-way street ... with a back seat full of CB's and Stereos.

The Dart wasn't even locked because, to put in mildly, I referred to it on the CB as my "Junky Junkyard Reject". It wasn't worth locking.

The perp? He got a warning and released. . . . . . . . . .

But I saw the car he was in, spread the word to the local CB club and, ya know, the darndest thing happpened, his base antennas at his home 20 'blew down" in a breeze that wouldn't have moved a feather . . . . . with notes stuck on them telling him to leave the county or else.
Worthless bastards........all that for a cb.

I had my tj parked in a well-lit parking lot in downtown pittsburgh. At the time I was a banquet houseman at the Ramada Plaza Suites hotel. We would work till the wee morning hours sometimes and my jeep was the only one still in the entire lot, right in the middle in plain view of everyone passing by. Somehow a homeless guy chopped the window up to steal a few quarters in my cup holder. :brickwall: I had $100 glasses on the dash, a cd holder with about 25 cd's, nice jacket, a tool box, and some other stuff that was worthy of being stolen but they only took the change. :dunno:

Cop came by, took fingerprints off the windows (OBVIOUS fingerprints) but I never heard back from them. It didn't really matter cuz I got another set of soft windows and quit that job soon afterwards.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just found this one... i'm feeling pretty aroused! :D

What do ya think? :dunno:

90 JEEP WRANGLER

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
^