Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wake up this morning to find my driver side door glass broken out of my 93 Civic. Only to find out the only thing taken was my USB memory stick. It is literally costing me more to replace the glass than the 10 dollar item stolen. Seriously, what drives people to do such things? To make things worse, I leave the doors unlocked to prevent that very thing from happening! What's this world coming to?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very frustrating I'm sure. I knew a Guy who's kid went to school in Louisville Ky and people kept breaking into His old truck to steal the stereo. He finally started installing $29.95 stereos from Wal Mart and just leaving the windows down. It was cheaper that way.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
So I wake up this morning to find my driver side door glass broken out of my 93 Civic. Only to find out the only thing taken was my USB memory stick. It is literally costing me more to replace the glass than the 10 dollar item stolen. Seriously, what drives people to do such things? To make things worse, I leave the doors unlocked to prevent that very thing from happening! What's this world coming to?
Simple answer, Democrats!

lol, no seriously it is the lack of two parents in a family.

Anyone that has a full time Dad was always sure if you did that ONE wrong thing he would kill you and bury you in the woods.

The "warm fuzzy" people would say this is bad, it leads to violence, and poor interpersonal relationships. Fact is it is a man being a man. It is the "warm fuzzy" people that need to be driven to the woods, as this is what is messing up society.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
I didn't have much of a dad, and he pretty much stopped being my dad when I turned about 9 or 10, but I don't steal. Or have any desire to steal. Another man's property should always be respected, never envied. The wise old man inside my head taught me that. :p

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I didn't have much of a dad, and he pretty much stopped being my dad when I turned about 9 or 10, but I don't steal. Or have any desire to steal. Another man's property should always be respected, never envied. The wise old man inside my head taught me that. :p
Obviously my statement does not apply to all people in that situation. I think it is the type of person you are first, your environment second.

I still believe two parents can make a huge change in overriding the genetic tendencies.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
True. Some people simply lack the mental or moral capacity to do the right thing, or to think about how their actions might effect others. Two parents can beat it into them better than one. :D In almost every case it's nurture over nature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts