Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in California now but I'm planning on movin to NV in the next couple months. Should be in gardnerville or Minden. Any jeep clubs or group trail rides around there??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sierra Chapter of NAXJA. Seems like a heckuva group but I have met on the Pres. and not wheeled with them yet. I know they do a ton of fun stuff in the Reno area, including the Rubicon.

I'm in NE NV so don't get out toward Reno much.

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
There is always the Sierra Trek and Rubicon events, though expensive.

We will be going to Fordyce in the first weekend of Aug for five days. You are welcome to come along

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4.3L XJ said:
There is always the Sierra Trek and Rubicon events, though expensive.

We will be going to Fordyce in the first weekend of Aug for five days. You are welcome to come along
Fordyce?

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
Sorry, I just assume people know stuff sometimes. Fordyce Creek is where the Sierra Trek takes place. We go there because there is great places to camp and all kids of wheeling. We do however avoid the Sierra Trek weekend because there are so many vehicles in the area. We have a favorite spot to camp that is accessible by car if you drive carefully. This year, we are expecting a friend from New Zealand and one from Texas and if we can talk her into it, CherokeeChick. Since we will be within an hours drive from the top of the Rubicon, we plan to visit from the top of the trail on Friday and have pizza at Tahoe afterwards since it would probably be late and dark when we get to camp. Sat we will go to the Baltimore Trail, another long one. Might have dinner in Truckee. Sunday, we can visit the lower part of the Fordyce Trail. Monday up for grabs. Tuesday we will come down the Henness Pass Rd and visit the ghost town North Bloomfield and have supper in Grass Valley at a historic bar and grill.

Here is a link for you to check out. It will give you an idea of what is out there in your area

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Nevada

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After seeing how bad the intake and throttle body was I decided to get a new filter.

image-2581337918.jpg

Made a strap out of police name tape materiel. To hold it to the brake booster lines to keep it from rubbing a hole in it like last time.

image-2915402204.jpg

image-280390995.jpg

Damage to the old one from rubbing

image-1123691305.jpg

image-554325978.jpg

Anyone see a problem or something I should change other than just having this vent back into the intake like it did originally?
image-3763217201.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts