Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post here, and I've been doing some research and a little searching here.

I'm looking at picking up a 91' XJ Loreto, looks like it's great condition with 106K miles on it. It's out of state (Arizona), so I'm waiting for my friend to look at it today for me.

I'm a desert guy, and do off road racing, but never any real 4X4 stuff, as I don't have a 4X4 that I would want to take on trails. I have a Raptor, and then a Baja bug, one of which I wouldn't want to bang up on rocks, and the other being 2WD, but plenty fast in the desert.

What I'm planning/wanting is a jeep to flat tow behind my motorhome, and then something I can explore some trails with when I have friends with jeeps that go out. So, I'm not really looking for an all out trail rig.

So far, I'm leaning towards and OME deluxe kit, and then some 31's on stock wheels. Is there a better more capable lift available? I'd rather spend a little more and get better quality/capabilities vs. just looks and big tires. What are some other upgrades I should do?

What all is out there as far as suspension kits go that are high quality, but still leave decent drivability and flat towing.

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
Veddy Nice!! Check out some of the links in my Sig. Many questions to answer. How high of a lift? 31's will fit without cutting the fenders, but anything higher than 3" and you start getting into vibration issues and lots more money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Veddy Nice!! Check out some of the links in my Sig. Many questions to answer. How high of a lift? 31's will fit without cutting the fenders, but anything higher than 3" and you start getting into vibration issues and lots more money.
I was looking at 3" OME lift, with rear leafs and shocks, I think it's the Deluxe kit.

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
Thats a good choice. reputable. Try to avoid Rough Country. They are cheap for a reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts