Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok the winch bumper drawings have been accepted and the bumper is on order.

Here's the drawing, and in a few weeks I'll post of a picture of the real thing.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Can't wait to see it on the rig!
Scary to draw a bumper free hand then give someone a wad of money to build it into reality. I went with DetoursUSA to build it. They did a surperb job on my rear bumper, so it's not quite as scary.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mind me asking how much it ran?

Also how far is it going to sit away from your grill?
I got a "special" price because I am a repeat customer. I think he said it would be about $850 to $900. If you look at the TrailReady bumper for the Liberty (which is is very similar to, it is $1,100)

That is yet to be determined. It may be 7 1/2 inches from the grill I was telling Mark that further out was fine with me as I wanted the angles I drew.

He is concerned about hanging too much weight out the front. So he is in major free hand to reality conversion mode right now.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I would be very interested in knowing how much it weighed all said and done.
I'll post it here when I find out. I feel it will be close to 100 lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was curious about the same thing ....what winch i been wantin a winch but i juat dont do enough wheelin in order to justify one for anything but lookin sweet...... chicagoland area doesnt have much to wheel

by the way congrats i wish i would ha ve spent more timf plannin my bumper out,

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was curious about the same thing ....what winch i been wantin a winch but i juat dont do enough wheelin in order to justify one for anything but lookin sweet...... chicagoland area doesnt have much to wheel

by the way congrats i wish i would ha ve spent more timf plannin my bumper out,
Mine is a daily driver. I'm really building an off road capable rig. I want to winch to get me out of trouble probably during an emergency like a hurricane or a flood. I DON'T want to cheap out on the winch because on the few times I'll use it, it must work.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Cant wait to see it, Mark will do the job right. I'm working on a design for mine as we speak. AJ will proabably get the call

·
Registered
15 Posts
By bumper was not "cheap" i just did not think ahead and make roon for a winch..... kinda dumb on my part thats why im savin for a 4.5 lift not gettin a three inch ...... guess i learned my lesson

1 - 20 of 134 Posts