Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through my new issue of JP Magazine and they had a short blurb in there about the new Goodyear Adventrue AT tire.

It will have a fairly agressive tread pattern designed to clear itself of mud and crap and a layer of Kevlar in the tread to make it tougher. It's designed to compete with the other AT tire brands so price shouldn't be too bad. It is due to hit the market just after the beginning of the year and will be available in 18 different sizes.

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be the one. I'm probably 30k miles away from needing tires so there will be some discussion long before then. If they are decent, I would consider depending on price.

·
Yup, just me.
1,924 Posts
Gonna need to see more myself. My wife has had BFG AT's and they are the best tire I have found for all around use. The price is the only thing that sucks. lol

Hope to see more on these soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also looking at new tires. I have just done a 3" Rough Country lift with full rear leafs and shocks. Stock bump stops which I am looking at if I need to modify and a SYE if need be (minimal vibes after the lift). I would like to run 31"x10.5x15 AT tires. Currently I have stock aluminum rims on my 99 XJ 355 gearing. No fender trimming but wouldn't be a problem if needed. Any input on this set up? Also would Stock TJ rims and tires work? (255x75x17 with 4" of back spacing. A friend has a brand new set of take offs he wants to unload 5 wheels and tires for $400. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts