Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone! Well, I guess for starters I'm a 19 year old college student from the Panhandle of Florida. Last summer I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a 1998 Cherokee Sport (2wd4D 4.0L I6 5spd 140k miles) for only 500 bucks from my brother in law. I've spent about three times as much as I paid for it in parts that needed to be replaced (clutch kit, brake parts and other normal maintenace type stuff) and there is probably more to come! It's okay though because it's still cheaper and will last longer than most cars out there. I'll post a thread later tonight on what's been going on (I'm at school now). Just wanted to give a shoutout and thank you guys for running a site like this, it's awesome.
Oh yeah, does anyone else love the feeling of smoking ricers in a Jeep?

cmac

·
Registered
444 Posts
haha I DO!! lol Welcome to CT. I as well am a 19 year old college student in NORCAL.. but im my major's welding so i getta work on my jeep all day long =p

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
What's up everyone! Well, I guess for starters I'm a 19 year old college student from the Panhandle of Florida. Last summer I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a 1998 Cherokee Sport (2wd4D 4.0L I6 5spd 140k miles) for only 500 bucks from my brother in law. I've spent about three times as much as I paid for it in parts that needed to be replaced (clutch kit, brake parts and other normal maintenace type stuff) and there is probably more to come! It's okay though because it's still cheaper and will last longer than most cars out there. I'll post a thread later tonight on what's been going on (I'm at school now). Just wanted to give a shoutout and thank you guys for running a site like this, it's awesome.
Oh yeah, does anyone else love the feeling of smoking ricers in a Jeep?

cmac
You'll probably get another 100k out of it, and that is conservative from what I've read.

Welcome!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome to CT from Ohio...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys haha. As far as 4wd goes I don't think I'll be heading in that direction. I use it to drive all over town and on the interstate a lot so converting it to an off road jeep isn't in my personal interest, it would be sick though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome from sunny Perth Western Australia

Rob
Proud member of the She'll Be Right Gang

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

·
Registered