Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone! I just became a new jeep owner just this month and found this site to gain more knowledge about my new vehicle.
Its a 2000 Jeep Cherokee, i dont really know what make it is but its bone stock all the way down to the rims. I had a suzuki samurai for about 8 years previously but had to sell it for something bigger for my kids. i loved that truck because of how nimble it was on the trails, but now i figure i would have to learn how to do things a little differently with this new jeep.
I do have a quick question about this truck however, what are the most common problems with the stock models? is there anything i should be worried about right off the bat? anyway, ill keep this short and sign off for now. thanks for all the replys
Kyle Brown- Englewood, CO

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome from Chicago! And to answer your question, the cooling system. I have a problem with my 98 constantly.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon! :hi:

A couple common problems are the windows being slow and retarded and the speaker wires comming undone. At least thats whats wrong with my 99'. I've heard these are very common. Pretty easy fixes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
always good to have another colorado wheeler here! welcome from pueblo. the only problem i've been having is a knock in the engine that makes it sound like a diesel but just look over every little thing to make sure it's in good running order. even stock, cherokees are pretty decent off road, just don't go on a crazy trail

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Welcome to CT from PR

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

I think you'll find the XJ pretty nimble, even though it's bigger than the Sammi!!

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys for the warm welcome! and so far my xj is doin fairly well in the snow! thanks for all the heads up with your common problems. thats deff things i will be on the look out for!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome to CT, from Columbus, OH...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Overheating

Welcome from Chicago! And to answer your question, the cooling system. I have a problem with my 98 constantly.
If you are having probs with the overheating mate, check out this site http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/

I had heaps of problems on the beach in summer but runs well now with larger radiator and high flow water pump.

Rob

Merry Christmas to all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts