Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m a total beginner with anything to do with cars/jeeps etc. So wondering if anyone can help please.

1st problem- my cigarette lighter doesn’t work. I’ve changed the fuses under the bonnet (hood if you’re American) and still not working. Any advice please? (I want to use it to charge my SatNav or charge my phone on long journeys).

2nd problem. Can I change the radio? To something with a CD player or MP3/Bluetooth in it?

I've attached picture.

my Jeep is a Cherokee sport 03 plate.

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
Sam, welcome to the forum. Have you checked to make sure there is power there at the lighter? Key on etc?
It would help if we knew the year and model.

Reactions: Sami27

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou. and thanks for the quick reply.
When I changed the fuse I turned the engine on and tried using it but nothing happened.
My Jeep is a Cherokee Sport. 2003. 2499cc Diesel.

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
They quit making Cherokees in 2001. Maybe you have what we call a Liberty

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts

·
Registered
1993 XJ
147 Posts
the cigarette lighter port may be bad from corrosion, best to pull the port and use a light tester to see if you have power going to the wire behind it. If not then you can trace the wire back and try to find where it is cut or simply run a new wire from your fuse box.

one of these

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the cigarette lighter port may be bad from corrosion, best to pull the port and use a light tester to see if you have power going to the wire behind it. If not then you can trace the wire back and try to find where it is cut or simply run a new wire from your fuse box.

one of these
Thanks, I’ll check it out to see if I can find out if it’s cut or not.

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
I meant XJ Cherokee. That being said, they were making them for quite awhile in China, different headlight and name, but still an XJ

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Didn't see it pointed out, but that factory radio does indeed have a cd player...its the first slot at the top.

There are lots of aftermarket ones though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts