Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a cert pre-owned 2019 Cherokee Limited with the V6. What started as a low-charged battery before my test drive has ended up with the radio screen going into vertical lines a couple of times, start-stop not working and always showing that the battery is either charging and in battery saver mode. I have had it back at the dealer where they couldn't get the battery to fail so after a couple of hours waiting had me do some turn the power on, shut it off thing x2 over a 4 hr period without driving. After that the start/stop worked on one short trip and then back to the issues.

It has now been at the dealer for over a week. They finally got the battery to fail so replaced that but are now getting codes that they think are related to some battery sensor. I drove out to talk to them last Thursday and have been told mixed info. The tech said that once they clear the codes then everything should be fine while the once of the service guys behind the parts counter is saying that I should get ride of it as once these issues start they keep popping up. UGH!

I have NO history with Jeeps and was excited to get my first but I need advice that I can trust from those that have had these, faced these issues and have some history and knowledge on what may happen if I keep it.

Please help if you can I just send out my 2nd payment and the dealer has now driven it more than I have..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
I can sympathies with your frustration. However I don't think anyone on here has the expertise you need. wWe are mostly old Cherokee guys. But I would ask what type of battery do you have in it? Lead acid batteries can give you a low voltage when they partially discharge. An AGM battery keeps its voltage until almost completely discharged

1 - 2 of 2 Posts