Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Those accessory probes come in handy. I bought a full set with the works to go with my fluke meters

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay... now I'm confused. I still have some (low) voltage to the sensors with both 5 volt references disconnected. :eek:

..and what is more confusing is that the voltage goes UP when i disconnect the gray harness..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also I should note that neither of the 5 volt reference circuits are showing 5 volts. I actually clipped them so I can try to isolate the short and neither circuit appears to be shorted at this time.
I think its time to open the PCM to check the 5 Volt circuit. This is now leaving my area of comfort. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Good luck :D

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
Still following along, unfortunately we've passed the point where I have anything helpful. Goodluck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I found some very insightful reading for anyone following along...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
New computer has arrived. I am re inspecting and wrapping the entire harness, re testing all sensors and wire wheeling all grounds (again) before I give her a go. If THIS doesn't work I will be looking to sell a 1998 cherokee shell with severe burn damage 😅😅

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
She runs BEAUTIFULLY!
Just for fun I did some probing and found that the 5 volt reference should show 5 volts even with both lines cut. So for future I'll not to simply cut both 5 volt reference wires from both the Black and White PCM connectors and test for a 5 volt signal for confirmation that PCM is supplying it in the first place.

This journey is done.

...for now.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
👍

21 - 30 of 30 Posts