Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I did them in the fall and could not finish as I have no heat in the garage. I am going to lift and trim fenders anyway so no big deal.
I know I have to clean the jeep. like I have stated before we git alot of salt on our roads here.
so I used 2 x 41/2" agle iron that I paid 5 bucks at a scrap yard for.
this works very well as it sits just under the door on the lip of the rocker and under the jeep end at the seem of the rocker and floor. the hole thing from cutting to tacking was about an hour for both sides.

under the door

with the door open you can see that it does not interfear with the door opening or closeing. even after I putty and paint ( yeah yeah yeah Clean the jeep)

I thinks it a nice clean look.

this is under the jeep where the old rocker and now the new one meets the seem of the floor. ( yes I know Clean the jeep)

You can see here where I trimed the flare a bit to fit around the new rocker. I am going to trim the fender when I lift the jeep in the spring.

I have been out on a few trails sence I put them on. they slide over rocks and stumps with no problem. the iron I got from the scrap yard came with a high build prime on them. must have been for a mill or something as it does not hardly scrach off even scraping over rocks. and all for 5 bcuks.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, my tires stick out past the flares enough to paint my Jeep gray this time of year. I'd hose it off, but it'd be an ice cube. :D
I hear ya. you can see the ice build up on the pics and that was after I brushed it off.
winter sucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts