Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m just in the process of buying my first Jeep Cherokee XJ 2.5td1996 model, Can anyone tell me are all spares readily available or are there obsolete ones to be worried about if something breaks?
Thanks Jon

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Hello.
The Cherokee XJ is and was a very popular vehicle around the world. Millions were sold in the US. And countless more world wide. However some models were never released in the US, such as your diesel. The main components such as drive train are still available and pretty much all the sensors. Not necessarily from the dealer ( very expensive) but after market. Some of the other components, such as electric window motors, tail light housing, or wiring harnesses may be difficult to find if at all. It just depends on what you are looking for.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello mate thanks for your reply, hopefully I will be able to enjoy without to much trouble, all the best Jon

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah you'll find most mechanical things still available. Trim and interior will be harder to come by. Some 3rd party vendors are starting to come out with some exterior pieces and you may be able to stumble across some NOS OEM parts but mechanically you'll be good to go.

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate for replying it looks like the US is a good place to source nos parts shame it’s so far away There’s not many of the mk1’s in good low mileage condition come up much but here’s the one I’m buying

Needs a little tlc but 65k miles and quite tidy an investment for the future😉

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Wow! Looks clean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, if anyone hears of an original radio cassette for sale I’m after one to keep it all standard👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
It's been sitting in my garage for about 7 years. I wanted a CD player in mine. I guess being a hoarder comes in handy from time to time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If shipping turns out to be unreasonable Id like to put my name in the hat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts