Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Newb from IN

790 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  BlueXJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself here. I picked up my XJ about 2 months ago and I'm loving it. I have a 350z as my summer/autocross car and now I finally have an awesome, unstoppable off roading/winter car. To get my wife to allow me to get it though I had to make an agreement to not mod it for 6 months. So, 4 more months and I'm throwing on a 3" lift and 31's, :D. Any ways, glad to be a part of this site!
Fletch

Here's a pic of the XJ the day I bought it:

The next day (sorry, I tried my best to get it more muddy):

And the Z:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Indy!:hi: Where are you from in Indiana?

One word of caution....3" and 31's will NOT be enough. Just ask me. You'd better be ready to start sweet talking the wife REALLY good!

Jeep= Just Empty Every Pocket It seems to never end.

#3 ·

Welcome, glad to see a fellow Hoosier

#4 ·
I live in Fishers, :D. Not much mud here. I did go to Attica a few weekends ago. Mostly seemed to be for ATV's though. I did watch a pretty sweet rig climb up some rocks though. It was fun. This is still my DD so I can't go to extreme. I was originally thinking 2" lift and 31's to keep it more DD'able. But after jeepforums.com and now here I've decided that 3" will be better, haha. My Z is pretty modified so I know what you mean about empty pockets. Now that I have the Jeep the Z has pretty much just sat in the garage.

#5 ·
Well you're not too far away, I live over by Ben Davis High School. I've been to Attica several times with my quad. There is a truck only section too. I've never had the Jeep there so I haven't been back in there.

Very nice Z. :bow: I had a buddy that had a 280Z. He bought it new, and it was chick magnet! Best I ever had was a '79 MG Midget. The women loved that little thing too, they thought it was "cute".

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Didn't realize there were so many Jeepers in IN, :D. Thanks Firehawk, I love my Z. I didn't buy it to be a chick magnet but it does turn heads. Here's a mod list for the Z:

JWT Popcharger
3/8ths" Motordyne Plenum Spacer
Cat Delete
CNR Billet Lightweight Pulleys
JWT Lightweight Flywheel
Custom Vibrant Muffled Exhaust
Tanabe GF210 Springs
Tanabe Chromoly Anti-Sway Bars
GT Spec Ladder Brace
Billet Antenna
Debadged
Whited out Lights and Reflectors
Nismo Shift Knob
Sparco 3" 4 Point Harness
BF Goodrich T/A KDW2's
Slotted Rotors
Hawk HPS Pads
SS Braided Brake Lines

My videos at cardomain: http://video.cardomain.com/Fletch350z

I can't wait to get this into modding my Jeep, :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.