Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since purchase my power locks have not worked. I have checked the fuses, and everything is ok there.

This presents a problem because I'm unable to lock my back hatch as it's not original and the key doesn't fit. Plus it's a PITA running around locking doors and unlocking doors.

I get no click, no sound or anything when I press any door lock switch. The passenger side door was replaced but the power window switches all work, just not the locks. Advice?

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
I think it is a circit... but in my dads girlfriends grand cherokee its not because one of the back switches dont work and all the others work.... but it is a newer model to.... like 2002 or something i dont know lol.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Nothing happens. No noise, nothing.
Then its either wiring or the switch, I would start with the drivers side switch. Make sure the plugs are securely plugged in and not loose. If they arent then replace the switch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump. I'm trying to make sure before I break some of this brittle plastic (it's really f'in cold here) that I should be prying up on this panal to pop it out, or remove the door panel entirely.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I think you do have to remove the entire door panel in order to remove the switchboard. You have to remove the panel in order to disconnect the wirest on the backside, It's not hard, and you shouldn't break anything - even though it is cold out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts