Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, Busted Knuckle (Patrick) here from Ft Myers, FL. Have a few friends on the fourm actually, just never got around to signing up.

22 years old, mechanic & diehard Jeeper.

Vehicle history -

1st Jeep - 89 XJ limited, (4x2) No mods, just for fun.
2nd Jeep - 97 ZJ Larado, did 31" BFG All Terrains, WAGG acces., such. That one ended by t-boneing a Ram 3500 at 60mph+
3rd Jeep - 92 YJ - 3" lift, 33" Micky T Baja claws & other doo dads. Sold it cause I realized Wranglers weren't for me. Stuck with Cherokees.
4th Jeep - (my current baby) - 97 XJ former goverment vehicle.

stats - 5" of lift, 31" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, roof cage, 10k winch, t-case, gas tank & front end skid plates and of course, other doodads. lol.

5th Jeep - 02' WJ. Daily Driver. I'll throw up some pictures and more specifics later on tonight. Thanks for having me!

(See William, told ya I'd join lol)

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
welcome to CT from PR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, to add some flare to this thread. I've uploaded a few shots. (and santa brought me a scanner, so my ollld pictures are now digital)

1st Jeep

My pops bought this new in 1989. He only bought it to haul weekend projects around our property, and used it to plow in the wintertime. (PandorasBox knows what thats like, lol) Other then that, he let me play with it. I myself put over 1,000 miles on it in 2 summers, I wasn't even 14 yet. lol.

(my old basset hound Buddy, who ironicly enough got ran over by the Jeep one day when my stupid aunt was driving), not a single broken bone!

2nd Jeep

My father, after giving the first Cherokee away to a relitive, wanted an SUV. He picked up this 97 ZJ with 20,000 on it. When I got my license I learned to drive in this truck. I paid him $100 a week to take it to school 3 times a week. Little did I know I was buying it off him. lol.

I have a picture from after it was totalled. I was not at fault at all, as the guy in the Ram crossed traffic iliegally. I litterly cried when the tow truck came and refused to go to the hospital cause I wanted to stay with the truck. lolol. Paramedics said had I not been in a uni-body SUV, dead on impact.

3rd Jeep - (aka the little demon)

(Jeep Beach 2006, Daytona FL)

Using the insurance money from the ZJ, I really liked crusing around in my buddies TJ. So I picked up this 92 YJ, 2.5 which meant the crap AX-5 tranny. Offroad - couldn't beat it. Onroad, crap, when it decided to run. After the transmission blew, and AMMCO wanted 2k for a new one, I said screw it. Over the next 2 months rebuilt the entire transmission myself. She ran great afterwards, totally time to sell it!

4th Jeep -

97 XJ. Whoohoo!! After selling the YJ, I found this sitting in Punta Gorda, FL. It had been in service with the Charlotte County Sheriffs office untill December of 06. Some guy bought it at auction for his daughter, but she said it was god awful ugly and wouldn't drive it. So it sat in his garage for a few months and I snagged it for $2,500 with 86,000 on the odometer, and full documented services. Bare bones except I6, 4x4 and aw-4 auto.

I started with a 3" lift, that wasn't enough so I did Teraflex Shackles and RE coil spacers ontop of the Rough Country lift. 31" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R (used to work for Goodyear, gotta rep it), Harbor Freight 10,000 lbs winch, Rustys front 2" reciver w/hooks, custom roof rack setup, 2200 whatt sound, took out rear sway bar, and countless other things.

The best thing I love about this truck - the comments. El Nino and everyone who drives it tells me how stock and nice it feels. Anytime this thing hickups, its in my shop.

5th Jeep is just a stock red WJ, nothing special besides the K&N air filter, and that doesnt require a picture. lol. It was actually my fiancees' Jeep, cause I got her hooked. We have been inseperable since elementery school. She moved down from Boston to be with me here over a year ago, but passed away 4 months ago from lung complications.

Didnt mean to end that on a bad note, lol. So yeah, I'm familar with these "Jeep" things. Thanks again for having me!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome from Ohio...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
ah...it was about time dude...hhaha...you will like it here...lately i havent been here....not having an easy going...but w.e...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts