Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport and it’s throwing a NSS code and I have no signs of it going out besides the code. I’m not sure what to do any help works. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
So you can start it normally? Standard or auto tranny?

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
If it works, that is tough. You might check all the connections. You may be getting some little fluctuation that doesn't affect function, but the ECM sees as a fault. In the end you will probably end up taking the NSS out carefully and cleaning it up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it works, that is tough. You might check all the connections. You may be getting some little fluctuation that doesn't affect function, but the ECM sees as a fault. In the end you will probably end up taking the NSS out carefully and cleaning it up
I check all the connections and cleaned it still starts perfect every time and i still have a code

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
Then I am not sure what to say then. Try using an ohm meter on the wire from the starter solenoid to the NSS. It may have a ground that you are not aware of. Also try starting it in gear and see if it will

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then I am not sure what to say then. Try using an ohm meter on the wire from the starter solenoid to the NSS. It may have a ground that you are not aware of. Also try starting it in gear and see if it will
I’ve already tried starting in gear and it doesn’t so i’ll try using the ohm meter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts