Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't believe this when I saw it on the news this morning.

New York Post in racism row over chimpanzee cartoon | World news | The Guardian

The cartoon, published in the New York Post, depicts two police offices with guns drawn. A dead monkey with bullet holes lay nearby on the ground. One officer says "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."

I don't care what the article said, or even if the cartoon was drawn by a black person. Anyone could easily see that this could be taken as a racist and derogatory slur against our black president.

I am completely shocked, especially with it coming from the uber liberal North East.

Yes I did laugh, several times.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Every president this country has ever had has been mocked, taunted, made fun of, etc etc, and it's never been a problem. I can understand the racist undertone, but let's be realistic, most of the time that Obama will get made fun of, there will be a group out there crying "racism". Political cartoons are staple of the US, especially during difficult times, I just don't know why people have to go nuts over it.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Pulling the race card so soon, are we? Apparently certain critics lack the mental capacity to remember the good old days (31 days ago, to be exact) when George W. Bush was still the President of the United States of America. I'm not going to put forth the effort because I don't need to, but do yourself a favor and google "Bush political cartoon". Scroll through, say... 7 or 8 pages. How many times is Bush portrayed as a chimpanzee? A dozen? Twenty? More? Does it matter that his skin is white, and Obama's is brown? Is there suddenly a racial undertone to the painting of a politician as a neanderthal? OR, are the people who are complaining about the racial undertone implying its existence simply by complaining about it?

Wasn't there a chimp shot dead recently after it beat the crap out of some Middle American house wife in a suburban front yard? Could the cartoonist have been citing a current event to point out that the economic stimulus plan was so elementary, even a chimpanzee in a diaper could have authored it!? Or is he just a black-hating Aryan scumbag working undercover for a leftist news outlet in the ultra liberal Northeast?

If a political cartoon can muster up this type of lunacy a mere 31 days after Obama's inauguration, then tighten up those boot straps, white folks! It's gonna be one hell of a ride!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I think this is a case of the New York Post playing the "chimp" card.

I personally believe that the crack staff at the New York Post could clearly see this would be an issue with people, and using the recently chimp attack incident felt that they could do two things. Get a little publicity for their paper and have a fall back reason as to why this cartoon had to do with recent events and nothing to do with equating our president with a monkey.

The public is being played, yet again.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Actually I think this is a case of the New York Post playing the "chimp" card.

I personally believe that the crack staff at the New York Post could clearly see this would be an issue with people, and using the recently chimp attack incident felt that they could do two things. Get a little publicity for their paper and have a fall back reason as to why this cartoon had to do with recent events and nothing to do with equating our president with a monkey.

The public is being played, yet again.
What are you saying? That the media's playing tricks on us, trying to sway our opinion by only giving us half the story? And then covering their tracks with the "other half"? GTFOutta here!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you saying? That the media's playing tricks on us, trying to sway our opinion by only giving us half the story? And then covering their tracks with the "other half"? GTFOutta here!
I know... weird huh?

I'm saying that this is soooo obvious it defies belief. And to top it off they are throwing Obama under the train.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
It's a cartoon.....................get over it. And have you attempted to read this Stimulus Package. It would have been better if it had been written by a chimp. Easier to understand and more useful to more Americans who are both human and primate.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I personaly liked the cartoon!!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That's my boy alien. The real Jedi Master Baiter. Thats how you caught that huge fish in your avatar...............right?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts