Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been on national forestry roads, logging roads, & private property before. I just got my atv permit and am ready to get out on some actual trails and into some OHV parks. Before I go out to my nearest one, I'd like to ask you guys if there are any rules or basic road manners that I should be aware of so I don't accidentally act like a jerk to someone.

·
Premium Member
10,426 Posts
Good question. One basic rule is if you meet someone going the opposite direction on a hill, the guy going uphill has the right of way

Reactions: JaceDaFace

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Stay out of the way if you can, and if you stop be sure you're pulled over enough others can get by. Pretty basic but commonly overlooked.
Don't be a douche and pass people without giving them a chance to pull over. Kinda like golf lol.

Pretty much do the opposite of the guys in side-by-sides. I'm only partially kidding.

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
1st rule of wheeling, never wheel alone.
Whatever you take in, take it out. Don't leave your garbage on the trails. Even if it's broken parts. Take them out with you.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
One thing to mention, is that when rolling on the trails in a jeep we go much slower then ohv's in most cases, so we always pull out and let them go on ahead of us. When we are running in a group we always have coms to alert the whole group so they can find a spot to let them by as they move through our group.

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds like I just need to apply basic road manners and treat it the same as a campsite and leave it cleaner than I found it. Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts