Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a issue last 2 days.i woke up and started my jeep and when the aux fan cut on it vibrated the floorboard slightly.and if i put my hand on front bumper i can feel it too,and the motor tone is changed.now whats odd is the aux fan...one in front of power steering turns on every 30-40 secs,and while its on i get these symptoms.NOW also at the same time in this morning i found this problem,my int light,dash light for gas and speed,and stere didnt work.i fixed the stereo andint light with a fuse near the battery but all these things started at the exact same time.can anyone link thse probblems and possibly gimme a starter to fix this thanks brian so its annoying and different.....i can hear the fan click on and i get a foot massage

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
check relays and fuse then check grounds.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok....i found that i have the trouble when the defrosters are on....the aux fan cuts on then the truck vibrates.....but its still odd everything happened above all at once,gotta belinked.wonder why my def cause this trouble....cani not use my def now?....thanks ill try what u guys said

no i havent tries the a/c...only the def....i will tho

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I don't know what the problem is, never having experienced your symptons, however if it was me I would remove the efan, make sure it was mounted correctly (little tabs on the radiator and bolts tight on the top.)

If all that looked fine I would take it out have a close look at the fan and the electric motor.

If I didn't see any problems there I'd hook it up to the battery (watch your fingers) and see if it vibrates really bad outside the vehicle.

Personally I think your fan is bad.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imput appreatiated.....thaNks dude

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the defroster runs off of the AC compressor, which in turn causes the auxiliary fan to turn on and off more often. So if you have your defroster on, your AC compressor will also be working leading to your fan to run more often.

If you cannot change the settings to the dash vents or floor vents then more likely than not the control panel is broken. I just replaced mine - found one on ebay. Now the air comes out of where I want it to, and when my defroster isn't on, my compressor doesn't kick on and off either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts