Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First day of Indiana gun season. Well no luck this morning, saw 12 or so Deer 2 pretty nice bucks. Unfornutley they were in the neighbors field about 200 yards away. Had a ton of wind this morning, sure that was a factor, didn't hear near as many shots as normal for opening day. Anybody else have any luck

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Cousin got an 8 point, other cousin got a 10 point. Step-dad missed one yesterday morning. Not gun season yet for WV though, still bow season. I'm not much of a hunter, but if I get bored enough and the weather's nice, I might take the Glock out and sit somewhere. Read a book or something, and if one walks by, I'll "bust a cap". :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Today was a good day for me. He snuck up on me and it was only a 20 yard shot. By no means a monster, but since I'm not really an antler hunter, he'll do. Now I'm going to owe the taxidermist some cash.:D

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one Kim. now its my turn

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well opening day for rifle starts Saturday here.. I will be out that morning then next weekend all weekend. So far from scouting and trail cams it looks to be a good season where I hunt.. I don't usually shoot bucks unless they are really mature on the land I hunt. Mainly does since it's primarily for food.

·
Registered
330 Posts
A buddy of mine and I were picked to hunt one of the state parks this past Monday. I took a nice doe at about 8am. My buddy took a small button buck at 10am. I'm getting the new freezer filled up!

Oh I see in my original post I didn't explain...about a month ago my freezer croaked and I lost about 150lbs of deer meat. Not good.

Good luck to everyone, and above all BE SAFE!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts