Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so i've been lookin for a somewhat inexpensive way to give my XJ a bit taller stance so i can throw some 30's or 31's on er. I found this and was wonderin if anyone has had experience with the product and could let me know if there are any pro's/cons to using this method???

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...ducts_id/72661

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd stay away from blocks because they present various negative issues.

From your avatar, it looks like your rear leaf packs are sagging, which won't help you achieve the amount of lift you'd like to get.
that pic makes em look bad just kuz of the angle.. they dont sag at all. i was actually surprised when i bought it a few months ago..

but ya.. the kit comes with shackles and spacers fer about 140$.. its a skyjacker package. good or bad?

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
The good thing about a shackle/spacer budget boost is that you can re-use them down the road to gain more lift from future lift kits. Say you want 5" of lift, but you can't afford to swing the price tag, but you can afford to get a 3.5" kit. You keep your shackles and spacers and you have 5.5" of lift. It's not the idea situation because at that much height adjustable control arms and an adjustable trackbar is almost necessary, along with extended brakelines, etc etc. Just a thought though.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
that pic makes em look bad just kuz of the angle.. they dont sag at all. i was actually surprised when i bought it a few months ago..

but ya.. the kit comes with shackles and spacers fer about 140$.. its a skyjacker package. good or bad?
To address your question on quality they are all pretty much the same, so yes its good quality.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'd do a shackle lift in the rear.. that way your pinion angle wont have to be shimmed...

$140 seems a little spendy for pucks and shackles.. i dont see the need to buy such a high quality brand.. there only spacers and shackles, you cant really build them wrong. your paying for the sticker basically

·
Registered
378 Posts
$140 seems a little spendy for pucks and shackles.. i dont see the need to buy such a high quality brand.. there only spacers and shackles, you cant really build them wrong. your paying for the sticker basically
While I don't necessarily disagree with you on the spendy bit, that price is only just a bit higher than average for such a kit. The TeraFlex budget boost is about $126, and to buy the 1.5" shackles and 1.75" coil spacers individually from Rubicon Express you're looking at $145. Even buying the "cheap" 1.5" shackles from Treks and some 1.75" coil spacers, you'd be looking at $129'ish.

·
Registered
444 Posts
holy cow that much huh?? i've never bought such a kit before but i have bought 3in spacers just by themselves and i think they were like $30..

·
Registered
378 Posts
holy cow that much huh?? i've never bought such a kit before but i have bought 3in spacers just by themselves and i think they were like $30..
Yeah, most 1.75" coil spacers run about $35/pair -- RE, Daystar, TeraFlex, etc.

Most 1.5" shackles run $95+ for a pair. That's where most of the cost is at. We sell a butt-load of the Tera budgetboost kits at $126.

·
Registered
444 Posts
$95 bucks for shackles!! holy moly!! lol im glad im a fabricator lol

I had the Tera revolver shackles on my black jeep.. didn't get any lift out of them but damn.. i think it at least doubled my rear wheel travel

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, things get a bit more expensive when you're fabricating for a living vs for fun, haha.

Revolvers sell for about $250 now.

I've run them in the past, the 1.5" lift version back when MMR was originally making them. Didn't notice any difference before or after them, so I took them off after less than a year.

They were blingin' in Red though, haha.

·
Registered
488 Posts
i heard the revolver shackles are dangerous to use..read it in the 4wheel drive mag..didnt explain y though, any ideas y they would say that..?

·
Registered
135 Posts
K so i've been lookin for a somewhat inexpensive way to give my XJ a bit taller stance so i can throw some 30's or 31's on er. I found this and was wonderin if anyone has had experience with the product and could let me know if there are any pro's/cons to using this method???

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...ducts_id/72661

Thanks in advance
Try this for a cheap lift. BDS 1 3/4: coil spring spacers-$45.00. Junkyard S-10 leaf springs-$50.00. One afternoons labor-priceless! total-less than $100.00. Then you can run 31-10.50-15"s. Done deal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts