Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We replaced the water pump on my 97 cherokee sport and the thermostat but when I started it the heater was only blowing cold air and it over heated. It was running crappy when i put it in gear. We then put the old thermostat in and checked it and it still over heated. This fixed the issue with it running crappy but it was still blowing cold air from the heater. The radiator was replaced in June and flushed. The heater was working fine before we replaced the water pump. Im confused. Any ideas would be great and thank you to those who have been helping so far. C

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
flush the heater core. when its running feel the 2 hoses going in the firewall. They should both be hot. Hot goes in hot comes out. 1 hot , 1 cold , flush heater core.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Two words for a cure, "AIR BUBBLE" water pump will pump water but not air. Thus no circulation which gives you an overheat and no water coming through your heater core, hence no heat.
I thought that was an earlier model issue. I've replaced my water pump 5 times, yes 5 times, and never had to burp it.

I mean it certainly won't hurt. I'm just trying to learn something here.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Hey Carol, didn't you fix this? Wasn't it a bad thermostat? :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts