Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Jeep Cherokee xj limited, about a year ago my son and I went camping heading north over the grapevine it overheated. It also overheated heading south over the grapevine. I replaced the t-stat, water pump and the radiator ($100 spectrum). It ran fine after that, I went camping again but it overheated again. I bought the blown headgasket test kit and did the test multiple times and it passed everytime. Forgot to mention my heater core was leaking (a year ago) so I bypassed it. I do have a transmission and engine oil coolers mounted in front of rad. Should I get a better rad or mount a fan on it?, or...?

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
Those extra coolers in front of the radiator in addition to the AC you are probably running will tax any cooling system going up hill in the heat. Just think how bad it was on the old Grape Vine :D

This is an epensive option, but well worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definitely give that a try, I had a feeling the rad I have can't handle it. Thank you for your response.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
Hope it works out. Make sure you have good air flow. Fans working, shrouds in place

1 - 4 of 4 Posts