Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,910 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,910 Posts
Ok, it's North of Harrisburg, PA. Gotcha. Can't make it this time. Might plan a run for next year. Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ok so I went to AOAA, and we have come to the conclusion that for our purposes it is better then rausch creek. Because it is far less crowded, there are alot more trails (and they are pretty much untouched, and its cheaper. A day pass is 25 bucks and a year pass is 160? Or 106. We did notice that the trails are marked for difficulty they just are not marked on the map for difficulty. If you go I would make sure someone watches the map and tracks your location. We didn't do any hardcore wheeling we mainly wanted to get our bearings and map it out. Overall definitely worth going and the more we go the more familiar we will get with the trails and we get some good wheeling in.

ForumRunner_20141124_093242.jpg

ForumRunner_20141124_093325.jpg

ForumRunner_20141124_093413.jpg

ForumRunner_20141124_093413.jpg

ForumRunner_20141124_093518.jpg

ForumRunner_20141124_093556.jpg

ForumRunner_20141124_093630.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ok does anyone know of any good 4x4 access only campgrounds or other overlanding areas in PA, I'm trying to plan a trip but can't find much, any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
9,910 Posts
hate to break it to you, but Scrubgrass is shut down to Vehicles. It was sold and the new owners don't plan to let on the road vehicles use it, just bikes quads and SxS's.

Big Rubbers 4x4 Club owns a spot called Doe Valley in windber PA.
Rausch creek in Tremont PA

And Creek Falls in Dawson, PA. Just a bunch of private land, trails run along side and onto some game lands. Place is a hotspot in the summer. Locals wheel all night long out there. Not really any "camp sites" but lots of flats spots to pitch a tent.

·
Registered
301 Posts
hate to break it to you, but Scrubgrass is shut down to Vehicles. It was sold and the new owners don't plan to let on the road vehicles use it, just bikes quads and SxS's.

Big Rubbers 4x4 Club owns a spot called Doe Valley in windber PA.
Rausch creek in Tremont PA

And Creek Falls in Dawson, PA. Just a bunch of private land, trails run along side and onto some game lands. Place is a hotspot in the summer. Locals wheel all night long out there. Not really any "camp sites" but lots of flats spots to pitch a tent.
That's kinda what I'm finding out, we are talking about the pine barrens

·
Super Moderator
9,910 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
EvanT said:
That's kinda what I'm finding out, we are talking about the pine barrens
Let us know what you find in the pines! I know there are certain sites only accessible by canoe....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Anyone up for a centralia trip or maybe more north by me? There's some nice trails up here.

·
Super Moderator
9,910 Posts
The group was with on Friday. I was the only XJ, gotta represent, and I fixed a CJ and and a TJ while there. Isabella slate dump!

Attachments

101 - 120 of 139 Posts