Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mud Slut - 99 2 door - daily driver/weekend wheeler

so i bought this in january of 07 bone stock with 201,000 miles. had a carfax from day one and it was a single owner its whole life. owned by an old guy that had religious maintenance schedules. day after i bought it

then some bajas and a cb

went doorless, took out rear sway bar, trimmed splash gaurd, no end caps, looked like crap

30x9.5 BFG muds

herculined fenders and rockers

surco roof rack and hellas on the light bar i made

seafoamed..bad idea in my neighborhood..got the cops called on me..

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rims black

jcr stage 3 rear bumper herculined

IRO 5" of lift

took off roof rack for some reason..new light bar, new bumper cause i hit my friends yj and it trashed my other bumper

rack back on no front sway bar now

more lights

and as it sits now..had fun in a recent snow storm

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

smoked rear lights

painted interior

smoked signals

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nice Heep AIR

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bro, its come a long way and i dont know if its nearing a good steady stage where i wont do many mods to it, but the end of school is near and then its off into the real world so im thinkin this build is almost flat lining..

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all..bigger tires..i wish. but funds probably wont allow. maybe some cragar rims soon, but i got a couple months left of high school and then im off into the real world and will be moving out and getting a place with my gf so idk. if i happen to stumble on a miracle deal, ill take the opportunity. but for now, i dont really know

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pepper was the name of the jeep stock, then it became the mud slut since as soon as it got clean, it was covered in mud again. after i converted the cargo area to a bed by taking out the rear butt rest, leaving the seat folded down and throwing in about 20 blankets and 6 pillows so me and my gf could be back there very comfortably, the jeep also got the nickname "the sex-wagon". but dont use that name cause parents dont like it..lol.

more random pics

blew up the rear end in it at one point. going 70 on the way to a movie with my gf and the rear end locked up and had me skiddin almost sideway til it un-locked and i got it back under control and then started making this nasty sound. the pinion bearing melted and welded to the housing and shot the pinion gear into the carrier..pic

yeah those are teeth marks from the pinion in the carrier.

luckily found an identical rear-end with same gears, same year for $150 and swapped it in at a friends house.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hey AIR I don't think you noticed but you have two builds on here. the other is on the 2nd page under MUD SLUT

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh damn whoops! i didnt even remember i was a member of this site back then!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
hahahahahahahaha smooth move man..

as for your king pin problem.. you might wanna start spending some money rebuilding the drivetrane of your rig..
i too bought mine with 205,000 miles on it but checked out EVERYTHING before i jumped behind the wheel.. that was one of the problems that needed fixing..

you didn't just throw it all back together an colored it done did you??

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the rig had a carfax..one owner..owned by some old guy in virginia that babies the shit out of it. i wouldnt doubt it if i popped its offroad cherry. thing is/was mint. and nah we found another 8.25 out of a 99 with 69k on it and same gears (looked like my jeep stock the jeep did) and swapped that rear end in. shes still runnin like a raped ape!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wired up roof lights, re-wired blue leds, wired KCs, changed the oil, put on a cherrybomb and picked up my gf in it. new pics :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pics of gf?!!!!!!!!????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts