Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got to thinking about removing my stock fender flare's and replacing them with nothing at all! Curious what's under there, besides rust. If i do take them off, there will be no second chances. I must decide before i start just tearing them off!

I am running 31's and a 3" lift now. I will be installing an RE 3.5" Super Flex kit in the spring. I have no plans to cutting my fenders... yet!

As you can see in my pic's, they're starting to look pretty crappy. I plan to re-liner my rockers and bumpers???

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
IMO it looks like crap without a little trimming... mainly due to the flare mounting holes. All I've got to contribute is trimmed w/ 31's, so I shall keep my pics to myself :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Put 31's on my 85 Cherokee Chief with absolutly no lift and I only grind when i flex or turn sharp and didnt have to remove the flares

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here is my XJ with the RE3.5 super flex, I have 32" on 16" moab wheels and it doesn't rub. I did remove my front bumper end covers because I thought they would rub those, I am getting a new winch bumper soon it is on order.
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
it may not be pre 96 but here are 2 pics, one with the flares, 3.5" lift and 31's

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update...

Thanks guys!

Really dig all the pics. I recently re-shot my flares in clacker-ball bedliner. I will fosure be tearing off my flairs in the future!

Gotta say i really like the look!!!

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
31s with 3.5 Superride
Awesome Rig. I just bought those same rims and 31's as well. How often did you hit with the fenders on? I need to go up another inch because of the offest of the wheel. It hits all the time.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They finally fell off!

It looks like this...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Did you ever trim the fenders up? or just remove the flares and left them like that? my flares have been off for 4 months now, tempted to trim up an inch or two..

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you ever trim the fenders up? or just remove the flares and left them like that? my flares have been off for 4 months now, tempted to trim up an inch or two..
No, still the same!

Hey Leon, i can't help but to think "Big Brother" is watching from a satellite, because i was honestly just out there 30 minutes ago in my driveway, plotting and planning my next move by the middle of next week...

Writeup: How to cut and fold the rear fenders and keep your stock flares. - NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association

Freaky, Man!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
haha sweeet, well i may be doing that as well, seeing as these 31s are truly STUFFED in the fenders.. oh well.. to cheap to throw on a lift yet.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Gotta show mine off too

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you take the flares off and dont trim it will look unfinished or like something is missing because of the mounting holes.You said your getting a 3.5 RE lift too,they sit high,I can just about guarantee you will get about 4.5'' of lift with it.So you might not need to loose the flares at all OR...you could get some 33s!I painted my flares on my old jeep when it had 31s and 3'' lift with rustolem bed liner I thought they came out good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts