Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone.

Please keep a look out. My XJ got stolen sometime between 7pm and 7am Wednesday-Thursday (12/4-12/5) in Jersey City, NJ.

My XJ is a 2001 Cherokee Sport, bluish gray color with NJ licence plate U81AKZ.
It has a 3" lift, 30" tires, 4 hood louvers. On the rear glass is a USMC Sergeant rank decal on the lower left corner, a white oval USMC Artillery decal in the lower middle right above the whipper and a Dive Flag on the lower right corner. It also has JCR offroad Deluxe rock sliders (black) and a new off road driver seat.

On the rear view mirror is a DEP green tag as well.

If it's spotted, please call the Jersey City Police Department @ (201) 547-5477

Decals on the rear window
Lower Middle

Lower left corner

Lower Right corner

Thank you,
Ed

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Dude, that really sucks! I hope they recover your rig quickly. You have a one of a kind vehicle. I'm hoping whoever stole it is dumb enough to get caught in public with it.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
It's a sad, sad day on CherokeeTalk...
:(

As mentioned, i hope you recover her quickly.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I i really hate to hear that man. I hope you get it back soon. Nothing worse than a low life sob that takes something that doesn't belong to them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE:
Jersey City Ford on Rt. 440 called me and they found some of my personal belongings that were inside my truck "dumped" neatly by their service department. They found it at 7:30am on the corner of Williams Ave. and Bennett St. neatly stacked and "protected" from the rain with the child booster seat over my work documents. On the pic is a dry spot where my belongings were placed. Unfortunately, they took my good work gear! It seems whoever stole it has some form of conscience to not just throw things away.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Interesting. Not many thieves do that kinda thing.

Hopefully they will find it. Good luck

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You have any pics of it fully up to date? like with the bumpers you mentioned.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Oops...misread that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Latest update!

It seems my rig got stolen around 3-4am Dec. 5th. I didn't cancel my ezpass to see if it can get something. This is what I got today after remembering it.
Posting Date: 12/05/2013
Transaction Date: 12/05/2013
Transponder: 02208301414
Agency: NJTP
Activity: TOLL
Entry Time: 04:12:58
Entry Plaza: 14C
Entry Lane/Toll Zone: 08E
Exit Time: 04:18:36
Exit Plaza: 14
Exit Lane/Toll Zone: 12X
Vehicle Class: 1
Amount: $1.90
Paid: Y

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
I would update PD with this info and they can pull camera footage if they are inclined to do so.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would update PD with this info and they can pull camera footage if they are inclined to do so.
Already did before posting that. All I got was "Thank you for letting us know. We will update our officers on patrol that your vehicle is in the area."

Funny thing is where my rig exited the turnpike, it's in a different city/county..not in our area:brickwall:

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
They should have put out an ATL (attempt to locate) on it when it was reported stolen so all the agencies in the area should have the information plus it would eventually make it to NCIC.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
They should have put out an ATL (attempt to locate) on it when it was reported stolen so all the agencies in the area should have the information plus it would eventually make it to NCIC.
Good advice, it's great to have someone of your caliber to help in situations such as this.
:bow:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts