Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They should have put out an ATL (attempt to locate) on it when it was reported stolen so all the agencies in the area should have the information plus it would eventually make it to NCIC.
They could have but from how this started out as, I don't think they don't really care. To me it seems their "ATL" is when they just happen to stumble upon it. I mean when I reported it, it went something like this:

7:15'ish am, I called to report it. My district precinct who answered my call gave me the phone numbers to the area parking authority and the impounds. Told me to give them a call first. If my vehicle isn't there that's when I call them back.

I attempted to call the numbers but unfortunately I have to wait until 8am. By the time I was done calling the places, and them searching in their "computers", it was around 8:40-45 am.

I called back the precinct and I was told to head to go to them and file the report. I got there around 9:20-30 am. By the time I got out from the precinct, it was around 10:45 am. On my way out, I was given their direct number, just in case "you just forgot where you parked your vehicle, call us and let us know. Just make sure it isn't there."

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I read the E-Z pass info right. He got on at 8 and off at 12. If that is right he got off in Carteret. This not far from Linden where the tried to steal my 99 xj 2 years ago. Fortunately the couldn't defeat the transponder key shut down, although they did over $2000 damage to door and dash.

And by the way the local cops didn't seem to give a crap about it even though it was in in hotel parking lot under their camera system.:brickwall:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If I read the E-Z pass info right. He got on at 8 and off at 12. If that is right he got off in Carteret. This not far from Linden where the tried to steal my 99 xj 2 years ago. Fortunately the couldn't defeat the transponder key shut down, although they did over $2000 damage to door and dash.

And by the way the local cops didn't seem to give a crap about it even though it was in in hotel parking lot under their camera system.:brickwall:
actually...he got on at 14C, EZPass lane 8E and off at 14, lane 12x. But still the same area as Carteret but not my neck of the woods :brickwall:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
On Saturday I got a call from my local police department saying that my vehicle was recovered by the Auto Squad of another city's police department (Newark). It was recovered on 12/14/13 but since it's the weekend, I couldn't do anything until today (Monday) since the Auto Squad and the impound were closed on weekends.

After going to the Newark police to get it released I head to the impound. Trudging though a mud filled lot that looks like a "you pull it junk yard", off in the distance I saw the top quarter of my truck, sitting over the other vehicles . As I ran for it, I thought to myself that this is a great happy ending for my horrible day. When I finally got around to the other mashed up, stripped car chassis before my truck...this is what I saw..

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Oh snap! that sucks! What now?

On the bright side, the sliders appear to be in good shape!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
On the bright side, the sliders appear to be in good shape!
I like your thinking...I'm thinking of getting those and the new driver offroad seat I installed and sell it but I don't know if insurance will let me. It's fully covered so when insurance gets their hands on it, I don't think they will let me take anything off of it :confused:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That is such a damn shame. The world is full of scumbags, and unfortunately north jersey seems to harbor a high concentration of them. I hope somebody got hurt when they fell in love with that pole.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That is such a damn shame. The world is full of scumbags, and unfortunately north jersey seems to harbor a high concentration of them. I hope somebody got hurt when they fell in love with that pole.
It seems I'm not the only one getting their XJ stolen around this part of Jersey. This week alone I heard 3 other guys got their XJ's stolen. It seems there is a group targeting XJ's.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
They didn't really do much with yours besides wreck it, so I wonder what they want?

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
I just don't get it, why would anybody just steal and joyride someones rig that they obviously loved, just to wreck it and basically say "here you go, you can have it back now".

It's a dirty shame...
:(

·
Registered
577 Posts
The insurance co should give you 2 quotes one to total it and they keep it or for a little less money you keep it and do what you want with it. Don't be afraid to argue with them for more money if they lowball you. To me that looks fixable but you never know. Keep us posted as to what you are doing. I personally would keep it.

·
Super Moderator
9,910 Posts
Man, that sucks. It's good you found it. Have the police got any leads on the dirtbags that stole it?

I hope you can get it from the insurance and make it whole again.

:(

·
Registered
356 Posts
I hope you get what it's really worth. When my 97 Grand Cherokee got wrecked I fought real hard to get them up to $4300 from their original offer of $2500. Even after that trying to find a replacement for $4300 was impossible. I hope the thieves drop dead.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Was the keys in it when it was stolen? After replacing my ingintion i seen how easy it was to steal mine. Very sorry for you and your jeep.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts