Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
is it me, or does that pic looks like its burning tires front and back...?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
so its really burning all 4 tires? no way

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
You've never seen anyone do that? There's some guy around here with an F-350 Dually, Twin Turbo, Propane Injection, BigAss lift, and 44" Swampers who I've seen smoke all 4....um...6 tires.

Now THAT was an expensive burnout!!

Anyway...Back on topic!

Borla is overpriced, Flowmaster is decent for the money, and Edelbrock mufflers are sweet too (But kinda pricey). Based on previous experience with other vehicles. The Edelbrock lasted the longest, the Flowmaster rusted the quickest. But for the money, the Flowmaster was great.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
wow, but how do you do that,, opposite directions on tires, or just raw power..

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
wow, but how do you do that,, opposite directions on tires, or just raw power..
Well...either GOBS of power, or if you can't achieve it that way, something to make the road a little less grabby (Oil or bleach work well...not that I've EVER done this;)) and sometimes some guys will actually anchor to something to stop the vehicle from moving while the tires smoke.

Oh, and more $$$$ than brain cells also helps!:cheers:

OK...Back on topic again...

PowerCapsule was an exhaust company years ago that had a really cool little muffler...much like adjustable shocks, this muffler had a valve so that your exhaust was "tunable" from stock to straight pipes with a bunch of settings in between. I never got to try one out, but always wanted to...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
its oficial kyle has a zj..looking forward for the pictures!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just built my own, all 2.5", catco cat, flowmaster 40, downshot right before the rear axle (untill I bend up a tailpipe). The 318 sounds fawesome now. :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thrush with the 318!!! Sounds amazing!! Kyle I think you have heard mine before. I wouldnt want any other exhaust. Its a Thrush Welded Muffler.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How about a Glass Pack?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
How about a Glass Pack?
Booooo!!! Save the glass packs for the Honda crowd! I think they sound horrible on 95% of the vehicles I've seen/heard them on. (They are CHEAP though, so I guess that's a benefit for some) I personally would rather just save my money a little longer if price is an issue and get a better exhaust the first time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts