Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

841 - 851 of 851 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
There's no reason not to!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MONEY!!!!!

There is local selling 315's on wheels for like 800. ugh I am sooooo torn.

·
Registered
147 Posts
MONEY!!!!!

There is local selling 315's on wheels for like 800. ugh I am sooooo torn.
Valid point! Which is why im doin my axle myself! And why all my vehicles are for sale ( for the right price of course)

If you can recoup a decent $ with selling current, rock and roll. Otherwise I'm all for waiting for the right time. I jumped to 17s since there's a plethora of used tires out there.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
I'm hung on 16's I have wheels that you never see on a Jeep. Grands have something similar, but they are different. I am not opposed to going bigger on the wheel size, if the right deal at the right time, I may jump on it. And I agree, soo many options for 17 and even 18's. Which after seeing them on yours, have given me a different perspective.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm hung on 16's I have wheels that you never see on a Jeep. Grands have something similar, but they are different. I am not opposed to going bigger on the wheel size, if the right deal at the right time, I may jump on it. And I agree, soo many options for 17 and even 18's. Which after seeing them on yours, have given me a different perspective.
I mean, there's nothing wrong with a dedicated set of trail tires in 35s and keeping those retro wheels with milder tires for daily use!

I was torn, especially since all the xjs I've seen around me run the typical steelies, so I only had online pictures to refer to. Not always the best for how things look. Doing something different was a big driving point in my choice. I'm glad I did, even if they are 2 different colors

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,291 Posts
I am going bigger too, but as said, money

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yup, can’t wait to go bigger, of course Money! I’m trying to decide if I should just say screw it and go for new 33s even though I know gearing will be sluggish, or hold off and stick with crappy 31s. I hate the idea of spending for new 31s. I’d love to be on 35s and 4.56, but I don’t see that happening for a couple years at best given all the dough I just spent on this thing already.

Oh yeah and bumper and winch should be sooner than later too. $$$

·
Registered
147 Posts
Maybe split the difference and go to a 32? Its a shame there aren't more narrow options available. 33x10.5 are an awesome size, the narrow footprint won't rub as bad or at all and they drive So much nicer. 33x10.5 is what I was planning on before I stole my 35s from my ram.

If I keep this xj Ill be going with 35x10.5 on the next tire. Viva el pizza cutters!!!!

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just dropped the Jeep off to get a 4.5" Rough Country Suspension Lift with Add-A-Leaf.
Then I am going to be going with the 31 10.50 15 Falken Wildpeak A/T...

Thanks for all y'alls help I appreciate it y'all.

~Ryan P.
How bad expensive will that be for parts and labor. Ballpark est.?

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
How bad expensive will that be for parts and labor. Ballpark est.?
Cowboy made that post in 2012 and hasn't been seen since 2014. Any numbers he could (but won't be) supplying are outdated now. You are most likely looking at a couple grand depending on the kit and what it includes, but at 4.5" there's a lot to be addressed when moving from stock to that. Google says a rough country (cheap and not known for quality) kit should be roughly $500.00 - $1300.00 depending on the kit you choose. And there's no guarantee you will have everything you need, for example an SYE and driveshaft. More money. Then you want to pay someone to install it? I don't remember what state you're in, but lets use the rustbelt region for this example. It could be a few days of removing the old crap and installing the new, especially if its rusty and bolts haven't been removed and lubed in a long time. Those leaf spring bolts are a real time killer. A shop tech could be paid $100/hr........Im not doing the math there, it would be scary expensive. Im guessing the bigger shops like a 4WP charge some sort of standard rate for a lift install (with certain expectations and allowances), or maybe not. Lets see....their site doesn't show any numbers anywhere, call for quote I think. Contact your local shop of choice and see about a quote. Be sure they are familiar with old Jeeps like these, otherwise it could get messy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cowboy made that post in 2012 and hasn't been seen since 2014. Any numbers he could (but won't be) supplying are outdated now. You are most likely looking at a couple grand depending on the kit and what it includes, but at 4.5" there's a lot to be addressed when moving from stock to that. Google says a rough country (cheap and not known for quality) kit should be roughly $500.00 - $1300.00 depending on the kit you choose. And there's no guarantee you will have everything you need, for example an SYE and driveshaft. More money. Then you want to pay someone to install it? I don't remember what state you're in, but lets use the rustbelt region for this example. It could be a few days of removing the old crap and installing the new, especially if its rusty and bolts haven't been removed and lubed in a long time. Those leaf spring bolts are a real time killer. A shop tech could be paid $100/hr........Im not doing the math there, it would be scary expensive. Im guessing the bigger shops like a 4WP charge some sort of standard rate for a lift install (with certain expectations and allowances), or maybe not. Lets see....their site doesn't show any numbers anywhere, call for quote I think. Contact your local shop of choice and see about a quote. Be sure they are familiar with old Jeeps like these, otherwise it could get messy.
Good deal. Thanks alot

841 - 851 of 851 Posts