Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Before tires, 31-10.5-15s no trimming, and after flare trimming. In the rear I had to fold over an edge that was rubbing upon compression of the suspension. Front I just trimmed the flare and fender, as straight as I could on both sides, about 2" up. Then cut out a little bit o' splash shield and it stopped rubbing except big bumps, but I need to slow down

Attachments

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
I would think that if he takes the tire off and opens the hatch, he'll knock himself out when he gets hit by that hatch!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would think that if he takes the tire off and opens the hatch, he'll knock himself out when he gets hit by that hatch!
probably, my hatch has new ones on and it doesn't even go up that easy. definitely a good idea, when I really get tired of opening my tire swing or having to pull up to get clearance to open it, I may look into this idea further.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Bump just because...

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Why not

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need Help Appraising 1988 TURBO DIESEL JEEP CHEROKEE 4x4 XJ !

Hi there, new to forums and wasn’t sure where or how to post this but I was wondering if you guys could help me with a valuation on my Turbo Diesel Cherokee, as i have yet to see another one in the entire country. Mine has a clean title, 240k original miles, and runs and drives great. 4 high and low both work great. Has a lift on it with decent tires, thanks!

[email protected]
604-500-7896

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw this on another forum and though it might be interesting and informative and an opportunity to show some good old Yankee ingenuity.
Hi there, new to forums and wasn’t sure where or how to post this but I was wondering if you guys could help me with a valuation on my Turbo Diesel Cherokee, as i have yet to see another one in the entire country. Mine has a clean title, 240k original miles, and runs and drives great. 4 high and low both work great. Has a lift on it with decent tires, thanks!

[email protected]
604-500-7896

Attachments

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Well, to get back on track from the appraisal request above, I figured I post my rear window rack since I don't think its in this thread yet. Honestly at this point of the winter and my Jeep being in the state its in, Im just finding threads I havent posted applicable stuff in.

Started with a scrap piece of pallet racking wire shelf and cut/bent/welded/shaped it to the window and fixed up a couple mounting tabs. The bottom sandwiches the plastic interior panel and the plate that the fire extinguisher was mounted to prior to the rack install. Top gets bolted in with the seatbelt bolt.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
Custom storage :D

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I like the cubby hole storage bag? Custom made or store bought? Where can I purchase one?
Ebay, amazon, or the guy's actual website. Its made by 1 man as a business from what I understand.

Google "jeep XJ cubby storage bag" I can't remember the name of the company. EDIT: OmegaMill

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Thanks gluck.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Bump to remind me to take pics of the power outlet setup I added

541 - 556 of 556 Posts