Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have one....but post what you got...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine:

94 Dodge 2500, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Has a BHAF, that's it. So, 165HP don't get ya anywhere in a huge hurry. It's my DD, been a good truck, dunno if I'm crazy about DDing it to the end of time (actually, would really rather not). Oh, those tires were useless so I bought a set of MT/Rs for it.

16' Equipment deck. Only mod is the towing rash and there's some holes in it to mount a JD2 bender.

And oddly enough, that is the only picture of my dodge that I have.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
thats elnino's dream tow rig right there^^^

·
Registered
89 Posts
My previous tow rig before I got the F-350 was a 2000 Expedition 5.4

It was slow on the steep grades in the mountains, but it got the job done

No Snow

Snow

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, I drive my rig to and from the trails, but this guy did tow me through a trail when my t-case let go ...does that count? :D

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^Does great, nice and smooth
my dream tow rig is a f650 or gmc 6500...doble cab and all..i just love them..but no anytime soon..

i was hopping to find a cheap f350 dually

but....

i guess a tundra or a v8 pick up will do the job....

·
Registered
89 Posts
why not DD your rig? more pride when you can drive it to the trail and then home.
I drive my XJ to work everyday. If I am wheeling within a 150 mile radius, I also drive it.

But any further than that, and I tow it. It's not a pride thing....it's being able to get home and still having another vehicle to get to work if something happens to my XJ.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Well, I drive my rig to and from the trails, but this guy did tow me through a trail when my t-case let go ...does that count? :D

Nice! But then, Both me and Teryn should post Our rigs as HIS tow rig? :rofl:

I'm calling Chevyboy over tomorrow to do a run to the dump, cuz I wouldn't want to get the WJ dirty...;)

·
Registered
324 Posts

88 Ford F-150
302 FI, 5-spd tranny
Pretty much stock except for a Accel/MSD ignition set-up.
Hayes Brake controller set(which doubled the value of the truck)

It's a good thing I live where its flat. 'Cause its pretty much SLOW everywhere it goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts