Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Cherokee sport. The power windows only work from the driver door. Ive checked all cannon plugs and fuses. Help please

·
Super Moderator
10,614 Posts
check your wire harness that goes from the door through the door frame. The wires in an XJ are small and break easy over time from the door being opened and closed.

·
Premium Member
9,367 Posts
This is a common problem with the child safety cut out. They go bad and won't allow you to use the other door switches. Cut the wires to it and connect them

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have a 2000 Cherokee sport. The power windows only work from the driver door. Ive checked all cannon plugs and fuses. Help please

Ah yes I remember mine had that feature when I bought it. As 4.3 said, the child safety toggle switch is usually at fault. There are numerous write ups and videos detailing how to bypass that button - easiest place to identify and modify the wiring is in the kickplate by the drivers left foot. Idea is to jump the wiring such that the effect is the same as if the (properly functioning) child safety button is engaged.
Here’s a mediocre process explanation found on the tube
https://youtu.be/KeNBpzFnltk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My '00 had the same problem when I first bought it to. I saw all the write ups for bypassing the button. The video for resoldering the switch itself. I understand trying to save money but frankly it is just easier to buy a new master control IMO.

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
My '00 had the same problem when I first bought it to. I saw all the write ups for bypassing the button. The video for resoldering the switch itself. I understand trying to save money but frankly it is just easier to buy a new master control IMO.

Easier, yes... but nearly all replacements now are Chinese copies and fail far too early. Not worth it when a few minutes of soldering can do the trick.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya

1 - 8 of 8 Posts