Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum fam,
Recently purchased a $500, 2000 xj 4door sport A/T 4x4 with the full time 4wd option transfer case. I am in love with this Jeep, lol, can see why theirs such an interest. I have finally got it running after buying a computer programmed to my vin with a SKIM delete. Lady I bought it from had someone that tried to steal it, and broke the skim module around ignition. Yes their are a lot of issues needing repair, oil leak, vacuum reservoir is totally missing, power door locks and power windows have a mind of their own, cruise not working, needs new steering column. Drives great, shifts great 4wd works awesome. Yes their are cosmetic imperfections, missing fender flares but mounts are their, dings dents minor rust, missing some other pieces. It’s stock at the moment, no lift, no aftermarket shocks springs or leafs. Of course I have wants out of my Jeep, and the Jeep has needs. Who has done what and in what order after purchasing a xj with over 200 k miles on it. Also what are some things you all have done because it’s just better, upgrades no matter what, like new grounds?
thanks I’m really looking forward to wrenching on my new Jeep and see where it takes me
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Xj's are awesome little vehicles. Very capable. Pretty easy to work on, but sometimes frustrating. This forum is filled with great helpful knowledge. just about any question has an answer. checkout the links in my sig. Plan on spending many hours and even days checking out the builds. Welcome to the sickness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the purchase. Xj's are awesome little vehicles. Very capable. Pretty easy to work on, but sometimes frustrating. This forum is filled with great helpful knowledge. just about any question has an answer. checkout the links in my sig. Plan on spending many hours and even days checking out the builds. Welcome to the sickness.
Thanks , it is super cool. I live in Denver and turns out the Jeep was owned by Fox News. I also found a old Nokia data modem and Motorola cell phone hook up tucked up behind pass dash/ glove box. First thing I’ve replaced door lock cylinders and have new to me exact steering column I am going to replace. Then start on oil leaks. I’ve read some interesting things on other possibilities than a rear main seal to start. Ultimately I want to run 3.5 suspension lift , backers, front end upgrades, 32’s .
Bumpers with removable winch.
first gotta stop the leaks.
appreciate the welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts