Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
you can erase the original PM as the quoeted PM comes.. thats what I do.. I just keep the most reasent ones..

·
Registered
144 Posts
50 is a bit small. Other boards are doing 300pms for users and 1000 for paid members.

Given 50 is for SENT and RECEIVED that really 25 active PMs give or take.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
can you make it 100 so there is a in between happyness for xtryker ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Asking ockjeeper...What does it really cost?

Even if given...they aren't always used.

And I "donated" to the other site cause Kyle was there and talked sweet to me...Now I'm here and can't move my money over :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
The amount of space that text takes up is nothing. Images and videos take up the space and create large amounts of bandwidth usage.

Charging for PM space is a common area that sites charge for because people are too lazy to delete messages on a regular basis. Its just one more thing to throw in the package deal that you get with a membership.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I understand costs.

Most people start a board as a place for "friends" to meet.

I would rather put my money into the wheeling sport. Or into land for the wheeling community. Lastly into my jeep for that matter.

ANOTHER board created for profit isn't my idea of a place I want to spend money.

I sent in some cheap cash to the last place Kyle asked for. I don't want to follow around my buddies and have to spend cash each time just to say HI. And PMs are a common method of talking as well as posting in threads.

Like you said TXT is very very very very very very little space...so CHARGING for it is just a means to a business not a friendly jeeping community.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts