Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my project thread aka the Black Sheep, got its nick name because i normally wheel with a group of Xterras and Frontiers.

Stating point a 92 Limited 2in RE BB old and bald 30x9.5s. i purchased the truck on eastern Long Island on a Thursday night, went out friday with my daily and a trailer loaded it up and drove to White Haven PA got to my friends house about 3am and was out wheeling the next morning at 10.

Blew a bunch of beads got it stuck a few times over all had a blast

(cant tell in this photo but I was very very stuck, 2 blow beads sitting on both diffs and trail was covered in ice took 3 truck in a Dasie chain to get me up the hill)

After that run needed new tires bad, I had a set of 32 9.5 TSL supper swamppers left over from an older project so I had those mounted on some soft 8s and went back to wheel it, also note the buick side vents, those were put on after the first run stuck because "i was too far from the mall"

I was finally able to bring the jeep home after it had been at my friends place in PA for a few months

Needless to say the tires were rubbing just a bit on the 2in lift next up was to cut the fenders and get some front tow hooks

Upgraded the sound system with an XJ pod and new head unit along with mounting my CB

Also installed a set of terflex 1.5in lift shackles to fix my sagging wagon syndrom rear end until i get new leafs, and my JCR rack

Painted my faded hood with hammer tone spay paint

Went wheeling again and had the mount for the spare broke, got that fixed installed Hi-country offroad d-ring mounts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as she sits now

coming, JKS t-case skid and TJ front shafts. Future AJ or JCR sliders A to Z fab diff covers and some lights for the rack, and possibly a front bumper

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Nice lookin' ride! Do those vents on the fender let much heat out, or are they more for looks?

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Got to love an XJ on swampers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice lookin' ride! Do those vents on the fender let much heat out, or are they more for looks?
they are just stuck on and wont come off until someone else dose something else worse then me aka taking 4 truck to get unstuck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why the tj front shafts? I assume you mean axle shafts?
yeah axle shafts, 1 bigger u joints, 2 mine are on the way out 3 they are free, friend just went to alloy shafts so said he's old ones were mine if i wanted them plus they only have 10K on them. figured nice cheep upgrade

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Nice build so far! cant wait to see were it goes!

·
Registered
600 Posts
yeah axle shafts, 1 bigger u joints, 2 mine are on the way out 3 they are free, friend just went to alloy shafts so said he's old ones were mine if i wanted them plus they only have 10K on them. figured nice cheep upgrade
Oh right, you have a '92 so you have the smaller u-joints, forgot about that.
The free part sounds good too :thumbsup:

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
I like the XJ pod... but i plan to do something else to that spot!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Little update.

Decided to make my jeep black and blue by painting the d-rings bright blue, also going to do the sliders and diff covers the same color. I really need to order sliders soon my rockers are stating to feel the pain.

Hopefully going to be puting in new shafts and my t-case skid on here shortly.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
nice choice on the blue, it really stands out

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks. needed something, not one for the full murdered out look so needed some color and blue seemed like the best choice

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yeah, im changing the look of mine too, not completely sure but I will change the yellow theme

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey that looks good! That is a Rubicon Express 2" lift you have on there huh? How do you like it? I'm thinking of upgrading my stocker with that. Did those 32's fit with the 2" or did you have to do some trimming? Nice rig, enjoy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts