Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to screw the front sensor in but no luck the holes are corroded out, what the cure, quick setting jb weld???????

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Details please. Pictures are better. JB weld will crack and fall apart I would think, esp over time and heat cycles on something like a downpipe.

First off, how about a year, and model? My 2001 has the o2 sensors by the "precats" located on the downpipe just below the manifold. Are you saying your o2 sensors actually go into the manifold?

If your threads are buggered up, get ahold of a tap-and-die set and see if you can match them and clean them up. A thread-restorer kit will do the same job and maybe do it better.

How did you remove the O2 sensors? If they threaded out, something should thread in. Are your new sensors identical to the old ones? Threads match? Parts store didn't give you the wrong parts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the thread are corroded, i tried to turn the front sensor in for a wile then, i pulled it out with very pressure, what a fix for this please.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Read my above post. I dont understand what you are saying. Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
9,907 Posts
It's not uncommon to pull the threads when removing an O2 sensor. You can pick up a tap especially made for O2 sensors. Try running that in the threads to clean them up. You can also get a heli-coil to replace the threads if the are shot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not uncommon to pull the threads when removing an O2 sensor. You can pick up a tap especially made for O2 sensors. Try running that in the threads to clean them up. You can also get a heli-coil to replace the threads if the are shot.
Thank you guys,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts