Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps someone can help me out. This weekend I replaced the right side U-joint on the Dana 30 front axle in my '99 Cherokee. There is a plastic cap that fits in the axle tube to keep dirt, etc. out. The axle shaft runs through the hole in the center of this cap. When I pulled the axle shaft out this cap came off too, unfortunately I damaged this plastic cap/shield, and would like to get a replacement.

The Jeep dealer can't ID the part, I've searched on the internet, but can't be sure whether this is the inner axle dust shield, outer axle dust shield etc. Does anyone know what I am refering to, what it's called, where to get one?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dust shield replacement

Perhaps someone can help me out. This weekend I replaced the right side U-joint on the Dana 30 front axle in my '99 Cherokee. There is a plastic cap that fits in the axle tube to keep dirt, etc. out. The axle shaft runs through the hole in the center of this cap. When I pulled the axle shaft out this cap came off too, unfortunately I damaged this plastic cap/shield, and would like to get a replacement.

The Jeep dealer can't ID the part, I've searched on the internet, but can't be sure whether this is the inner axle dust shield, outer axle dust shield etc. Does anyone know what I am refering to, what it's called, where to get one?

Thanks for any help.
11.53+shipping+ tax

I've encountered the same problem. Auto Parts Warehouse Ph. 18009136119
inner axle dust shield PN# 0321652722 MFG# 16527.22 This is a two piece plastic shield that fits d30 axle from a grand cherokee, it comes without nuts and bolts but those are easier to find. good luck.

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
holy old thread batman

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
My dust shields are collecting dust in my closet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts