Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just replaced the cps on my jeep and finaly got it running. in the process of trying to figure out what was wrong with my jeep grand cherokee laredo strait 6. since it started i didnt bother putting the orignal one back in. i still have the orignal one. well i was impressed on how well she was running untill 2 days later when i put it on the road.
the issues i am having is that it is not shifting in to overdrive but i have not pushed the button to make it do that. i have tried to push it to get it to shift and i got nothing. i am confused.
than it kind of started to spit and sputter but no loss of power. it is the first time in a cuple of months that it has been run and drove so that might be the problem. i was wondering if i should put the orignal comp. back iin it.

i also have a check engin light on .and get the code 41 which is about the charging system. and something about the sensor on the manifold.

sorry about this i am new to owning a jeep but so far i abs. love it! thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
The spitting and sputtering could be the result of a faulty O2 sensor. As for the shifting issue...? Fluid levels are good right? (I always like to start simple)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fluid level is right on the full mark when the motor is hot. so yea the fluid is ok.

i know that the o/d button it to turn it off not on. i was trying to ask if it was possible that even though the light is off the switch could be bad there for not letting the trans. shift in to o/d?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
other than the o/d off switch possibly being bad, what else could result in the jeep NOT shifting in to overdrive? ( vacume line, bad transmission) Are there any problems with the transmissions on a 95 jeep gc laredo?

it also spits and sputters. could this be because of the trans. not shifting in to overdrive. it dosent sputter all of the time. when it does i hit the gas than it goes away. (fuel filter, plugs, wires?) sometimes when i go to stop it will stall out on me but i turn the key and it fires up fine.

lasty the temp. gage dosent move from where the needle sits when the jeep is off. bad sensor?

sorry for all the same posts i just cant figure out what is the problem. it is my only vehicle, so i realy want it to run good. thanks for any help u can give me.

lastly how hard is it to chang out the brakes, pads and rotors front and back, does it invelve disassembling the front hubs? do i need a special tool for the rear. they are all disk breaks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow my 93 GC Laredo had disks up front and drums in the back. Interesting.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
other than the o/d off switch possibly being bad, what else could result in the jeep NOT shifting in to overdrive? ( vacume line, bad transmission) Are there any problems with the transmissions on a 95 jeep gc laredo?

it also spits and sputters. could this be because of the trans. not shifting in to overdrive. it dosent sputter all of the time. when it does i hit the gas than it goes away. (fuel filter, plugs, wires?) sometimes when i go to stop it will stall out on me but i turn the key and it fires up fine.

lasty the temp. gage dosent move from where the needle sits when the jeep is off. bad sensor?

sorry for all the same posts i just cant figure out what is the problem. it is my only vehicle, so i realy want it to run good. thanks for any help u can give me.

lastly how hard is it to chang out the brakes, pads and rotors front and back, does it invelve disassembling the front hubs? do i need a special tool for the rear. they are all disk breaks.
You don't need to remove the hubs,just take off wheel and remove caliper and the rear doesn't need any special tools.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yay! i have all new brakes now! they were easy to do too! thank you guys for all the help!

the last thing that i have a problem with is just the overdrive. it dont want to kick in to overdrive. the switch is off when the light is on. but the light is not on so it should go in to overdrive but it doesent. i am rele confused. plz help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts