Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bended bar

well, i have a clunk on the new xj when I turn the the steering completely to ether side, I notice that the lower bar of the steering set up,, know what I mean,,, not the track bar but the other one,, the horizontal one,, Im sorry I dont know how to describe it... can this be the reason for the clunk

the thing is, can I swap it with the one from the old XJ

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
The drag link? I believe the 2 are the same

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can see it its the first bar you see, when you look at it... the lowest bar, you can see it right after the front skid

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

on the new xj, this bar is bended, the last one you see on the pic coming from top to buttom

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
That last one, which is horizontal and connects to the driverside front, is your Tie Rod. Anything on the front end of your two XJ's are interchangeable without issue. This interchangeability includes: Upper Control Arms, Lower Control Arms, Drag Link, Tie Rod, Track Bar, Brakes, Knuckles.... literally everything.

If the one on the new XJ is bent, then you can easily swap it out. If I'm not mistaken I believe they are all 19 mm nuts for removal.

The tie rods are very easy to bend as they are just thin tubing.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
well, i have a clunk on the new xj when I turn the the steering completely to ether side, I notice that the lower bar of the steering set up,, know what I mean,,, not the track bar but the other one,, the horizontal one,, Im sorry I dont know how to describe it... can this be the reason for the clunk

the thing is, can I swap it with the one from the old XJ
Do you know where the clunk is coming from? Have your...oh wait, you are single now...have SOMEONE turn the steering wheel back and forth and check out the joints. Pay close attention to the trackbar and ball joints. They are known to clunk when turning. Find the culprit before you swap parts.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okok, the tie rod is bended, so I need to fix that no matter what, but I will do that, Ill tell my dad or some1 to help me

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
okok, the tie rod is bended, so I need to fix that no matter what, but I will do that, Ill tell my dad or some1 to help me

swap it with the old cherokee

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im going to get the ZJ one bc its solid not hallow like the XJ one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts