Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
For those of you who have this lift do you run a spacer up front to level it out or did the leafs settle?
Leaf springs settle a little after some use. Throw some heavy stuff in the back and drive around for a couple days. It'll settle.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Ok sounds good and i might try and loosen the bolts and re torque them.
Yeah make sure they are tightened with the jeep on the ground and weight on the springs.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Leafs can take up to four weeks to fully settle sometimes. Keeping some added weight in the rear will help speed this up too. Also, make sure you torque all the bolts with the weight of the vehicle on the leafs, not while it's in the air.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just keep in mind, if you plan on adding aftermarket bumper/Winch in the future, the added weight will cause some front end sag. I did a 3/4 inch coil spacer with my RE3.5", and I'm glad I did, because I later added a Warn winch and bumper. Now everything sits nice and level.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have had mine for almost two years... I am still waiting for them to settle even... I have a lighter weight aftermarket rear, but a heavy tire carrier(about 30 lbs.) and spare tire(about 80 lbs.) If I cared or didn't like it I would have put a spacer in it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Had mine on for over a year now with some good wheeling trips, plenty of flexing, etc... Front end still sits lower. Took off the factory spacers (they were crumbling apart) and threw on a 1.75" spacer - sits perfectly level right now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I haven't noticed anything... Got it aligned immediately after throwing on the lift and new tires (like 30 minutes later, heh). Threw the spacers on a few months ago and I haven't noticed anything significant. Still drives like it used to. Didn't have to mess with the trackbar or LCA adjustments either... no bind or other undesireable issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts